Letter From WTBTS Evidence of Mind Control Tactics

by Corvin 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Humbled, may I ask what the issue was they were unable to refute?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Can I answer Problemaddict for you Humbled??? There are so many where do you wish me to start.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks for bumping this.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Doc

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm sure that if you read up to this point in 'Crisis of Conscience', you were probably already sick to your stomach. It's the consequences of this policy and how it was carried out at that time--and how it continues to be carried out--that really show the true face of this religion. It would be hard to believe if I hadn't experienced it firsthand at my own committee, when the key question I was asked at the end was: "Do you believe this is God's organization?" Nothing about my belief in the Bible, Jesus, the resurrection, anything of that sort.

The implications of the false teachings and false predictions which were well-documented in print were just no big deal to the elders. None of it had any deeper meaning to them. One of them said he wouldn't let that stop him from serving God, yet he couldn't grasp that this isn't how serving God should be. What the elder who told me that didn't seem to realize was that he was doing the very thing the WT would warn members of 'Christendom' not to do--pretend that false teachings don't matter, and leave any real understanding of the Bible to 'my pastor'.

The Bible itself warns us not to be babes tossed about by every teaching. Yet the entire history of the religion is just that--being tossed about by every single new teaching, here and there and back to the same place again.

Page 13 of the classic book 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die' has an interesting quote that stayed with me and helped me through the worst of it:

"Every man should be persuaded in his own mind and no man should permit himself to be deterred from examining a question based on the Bible because a clergyman or any one else makes the unsupported assertion that it is dangerous or unworthy of consideration. Error always seeks the dark, while truth is enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation."

--sd-7

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

That's a great quote sd-7, nicely done. Does anyone know if this has ever been updated or rescinded? I quoted it a while back, thinking it was an elders letter, not remembering that it was a CO letter, so obviously I nor any of my brothers would officially know about the policy. They denied it was a policy (how would they know) so I just wondered if it has ever been updated?

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• twice shy
    twice shy

@ sd-7 -"Every man should be persuaded in his own mind and no man should permit himself to be deterred from examining a question based on the Bible because a clergyman or any one else makes the unsupported assertion that it is dangerous or unworthy of consideration. Error always seeks the dark, while truth is enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation."

The old famous double standard the wbt$ is infamous for.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I often ask myself how the flaming hell the early-70s GB ever thought Ray Franz would be one of them.

Couldn't they tell right off the bat that he was egalitarian rather than authoritarian?

• Quendi
    Quendi

This is just one more reason for the ever-widening distance between me and these hypocrites. May YHWH and his Son look upon them and judge!

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit