MY COUSIN RETURNS Franz' book TO ME - THANKS BUT NO THANKS

by JT 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

So sad when ones we care for reject factual evidence. Who knows though, you may have planted a seed and when they get tired of being crapped on, the light bulb might flicker on. Good points about the hypocrisy of the WTBS pointing out that some others tell their flocks what to read when THEY are doing the exact same thing.

-BONEZZ

I agree, all we can do is provide folks with information, what they do with it is up to them, but you are right, one thing for sure once you talk to an APOSTATE , the questions that they raise, the statements they make are just like the wt says

One can?t seem to get it out of their head- some of the articles he read were ones we all read years ago, but it never CONNECTED and for them as they sat their they would look at each other as if to say

Do you know what this means if james is right, OF Course they just got thru reading it for themselves but for it to fully sink in it does take time for some- yet the elder is ready to send in his paper work- I grew up with his kids and due to being so hard on them they all left the org, he was trying to be the perfect jw family and it just wore the kids out-

I called him this morning and told him to check out the this site again for this thread-

He has called 2 of his kids he has not spoken to to any real degree in years due to being DFed from the org ALWAYS FAMILY BUSINESS ONLY ?

He told me he has felt a burden lifted off his shoulders, now he has to work on his wife

• JT
    JT

Isn't it amazing that Witnesses NEVER demand quality from their leadership?

@@@ great point, but that is why the wt works so hard to stay unknown, think about this

most tv preachers want to be known, in wt they leaders/ major players dont want to be known and this has worked to the wt favor-

the avg jw can only get mad at the LOCAL ELDERS AND MAYBE THE CO AND that is as high up the food chain you will every hear jw complaining

most jw have no problem complaining about the elders, they dont go out in service, they dont come to visit, they don;t call until you are in trouble, etc or the CO, he wants us to prepare Alaskian King Crab for his lunch- smile- at that point the power structure in the org becomes FACELESS so when you reach the DO level or branch level and the GB level the avg jw can't connect the elder actions as being control and directed by the upper leadership- and so there is no one to blame

if you don;t know who to blame how do you blame them and ask for better service

at elders school the elders were blamed for the poor quality of the meetings not the boys in writing and service for putting out sad parts

when the directions are to go thru the Rev or United book 13 times - there is only so much the conductor can do to make it fresh and new

it like the little $24,000 a yr lady behind the counter gets blasted by the angry traveler cause she is the face of UNITED AIRLINES

not the fact that the CEO and the bean counter cut routes and cut maintence on the plane to save money and make their bonus fat,

so now the plane on the runway is out of service, you are flying to grandma furneral and the lady behind the counter is all you can complain to about why this flight has been canceled

elders are the face of the wt and as you know most elders don't look good- smile

• JT
    JT

Cicatrix

your post was excellent - i just had the folks here at work read it, we work in the server room and these nonjw surf jw sites more than i do- they enjoyed your post-

i have a guy here Ali, his dad had to flee after the Shaw of Iran fell back under jimmy carter, and he can tell stories about what freedom is all about

your comments are so on time thanks for the thoughts

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

JT:
    You can but hope that Dennis will come to regret that decision, in a few years time.
    He might look back with regret on a few more wasted years, but you've sown a seed of truth.
    Let's hope it flourishes, as the WTS comtinues in it's rabid grasping for control over people's lives.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I got a letter from a former bethel buddy over 13yrs ago, I sent it back- to think I could have gotten out of wt a decade earlier is sad-

I'd I listened to my husband I also would have gotten out 10 years ago.

Watchtower indoctination is so intense and the "detox" process is very long if you ever get there. But you have probably created a few cracks in his spiritual armour and one day he may be willing to read Ray's books.

I gave "Crisis of Conscience" to a very dear friend and she told me had I given it to her just six months prior she would have also given back and considered me an apostate. Somehow when she got it things had started to touch her skin so to speak and she was ready.

I hope the same happens to your cousin

wannaexit

• Navigator
    Navigator

Little Toe is correct. You have planted a seed of truth. You can't expect it to grow overnight, but it will grow. Keep on planting!

• franklin J
    franklin J

JT

we are all ultimately responsible for our actions....we either reap the reward of a wise decision or we pay the price.....

You can at least have a clear conscience that your tried.....but you cannot be held responsible for the decisions others make for themselves...

regards,

Frank

• JT
    JT

JT:
    You can but hope that Dennis will come to regret that decision, in a few years time.
    He might look back with regret on a few more wasted years, but you've sown a seed of truth.
    Let's hope it flourishes, as the WTS comtinues in it's rabid grasping for control over people's lives. $$$$ yep you got a point there - time has an interesting affect on folks, i know that was the case for myself as well as so many others we will see thanks

• JT
    JT

Watchtower indoctination is so intense and the "detox" process is very long

##### cute , but so true

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I feel for ya JT, but some people don't want to know what is real and what is fantasy. I lent my late father-in-law COC. He was a 40 year elder, anointed, etc. The whole 9 yards. He actually did read it. He handed back to me and said, "I don't disagree with anything in that book."

But he never left.

Very sad if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit