"Telling the Truth Shall Set You Free"

by Farkel 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

This was supposed to be a response in another thread, not a new thread.

It must be the demons. Yep. It is the demons.

Farkel

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

For a post that's 3 1/2 years old it must be old light.

No -- it's right on. Excellent, Mr. Farkel.

Len Miller

• steve2
    steve2

I can see why you've pitched this long and absurdly hard-nosed account at a Christian readership. Only they would compare the absurd Watchtower belief system with their own absurd alternatives. For others, the account teeters just this side of unreadable...its length alone is off-putting. The dialogued approach becomes irritating after a few paragraphs. It's too school teacherly for its own good. P erhaps a better title is. "Telling The Truth Shall Tie You Up In Wordy Knots."

On the other hand, succinct wording may lift it enormously.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I can see why you've pitched this long and absurdly hard-nosed account at a Christian readership.

I was actually asked to write it. I didn't pitch anything. It is a pity that your attention span is so pathetic that you didn't critique it, but just slew insults at it. By the way, may we see your body of contributions to the cause, or are you just content hurling insults at stuff you may not like?

Well, dipFuck?

Farkel

• steve2
    steve2

Well, dipFuck?

You asked me some valid questions. I did get make more general negative criticisms and I didn't have anything constructive to say. So, in the regard you've advanced the discussion and given me something to think about that is helpful.

However your closing question crosses the line and is gratuitous, offensive and appears to break rules of engagement on this forum.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ok, I cant believe I actually read all of that! (i usually skip long threads) That was great!! Loved it.

Might wanna change this though!

The householder is shocked. "You mean to say that by merely writing a letter saying that you no longer want to follow the rules and regulations of Kehovah's Witnesses, that all of that will happen to you?"
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

excellent - I had never seen this post beofre and I thought I had read most Farkel in the "Best of" section. Glad this has been bumped and resurrected

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

This is an example of why I spend a lot of time reading old threads. I missed this one though.

Good job Farkel! I thought this was excellent.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Steve2, don't try to come off as all civil now. In my mind, you deserved the insult.

• steve2
    steve2
    Steve2, don't try to come off as all civil now. In my mind, you deserved the insult.

I sure deserved Farkel's points about how I came across - yes, I deserved that. No question. I'm even prepared to say my initial comments were not helpful. But to close a post with a word that is clearly crossing a line and appears to break forum rules is not acceptable. It's as if you're saying, "Because you really criticised Farkel's post, he's entitled to use language that breaks forum rules".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit