Does anyone else take Atenolol or Nitro-Glycerine?

by ohiocowboy 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Billygoat,

Yes, angina can be pretty scary! Whenever I get it, especially when it gets really intense, I wonder if it is something more that is happening. Fortunately, nothing really bad has happened yet! Stress def. does not help either! I hope your situation changes soon to where the stress is at a minimum. I am glad that others know about taking things like this, it makes me feel more comfortable with taking it myself. Take care!

• FairMind
    FairMind

I have been taking atenolol for several years (25mg daily) to slow down my heart rate. I didn't think I was having any side effects from this medication or any of the several others I am taking. However, I did the Google search suggested by Undaunted Danny and the side effects mentioned for atenolol explain some of the peculiar events I've experienced (almost fainting, drowsiness and others). You never know what you'll learn about on this Forum.

FM

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Awwwww.shoot..........

The bottom line is..............

Getting older...........or as jgnats said..(maturing) SUCKS big time!

What other meds will we have to be on as we age?

The past two years as I rode my motorcycle.........I refered to it as my scooter. Told my friends that I have to ride that scooter as much as I can..........because before I know it.........I may be riding one of those scooters that are advertised on TV. lol

HappyDad

• wokeup
    wokeup

My cardiologist prescribed atenolol about 5 years ago when I was plagued with 1,000 of PVC's a day, keeping me in a state of anxiety. My chest felt like I was on a roller coaster. I too have prolapsed mitral valve with regurgitation and had high blood pressure with diastolics running in the low 100's. The atenolol (50mg.) made my life normal again. My B/P has been stable. The PVC's occur rarely and overall I have to say the low pulse rate keeps me feeling pretty mellow.

Allen

• Alana
    Alana
    I have been taking atenolol for several years (25mg daily) to slow down my heart rate. I didn't think I was having any side effects from this medication or any of the several others I am taking. However, I did the Google search suggested by Undaunted Danny and the side effects mentioned for atenolol explain some of the peculiar events I've experienced (almost fainting, drowsiness and others). You never know what you'll learn about on this Forum.

FM

Wow....I think I need to look up the side effects for this med, as I've been taking atenolol for several years now, primarily to prevent migraines, but my doc increased my dosage just a couple of weeks ago, due to my blood pressure increasing and having palpitations. I have been more drowsy lately, among other things, so I want to see if maybe it can be a side effect. I usually check my meds online, but since I've been on it for a long time, I never thought to look it up as a possible cause. You are so right, you just don't know what you'll learn here!!!! I'm so thankful for you all..... "Alana"

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you all for your comments. It appears that the pros outweigh the cons. It would be great if it does help with anxiety too, it would be an added benefit! Thanks again! I have my script now, and will start taking it tomorrow morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit