How Many Here Left The Organization? How Many Got Kicked Out??

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

A bit of both for me... I left very quietly, could no longer buy da NWT, da WTBTS, nor da BS. Didn't make a fuss about it. Didn't try to make anybody else doubt or leave. Quit all fellowship except for lingering ties with much-loved JW family members. Several years later after a traumatic car accident, recuperation at my JW mother's house, then a d-i-v-o-r-c-e, three of the big boys (whom I had known since childhood) came to my tiny apartment and questioned me about my current beliefs and practices, fearing I was going to be a bad influence on members whom I no longer even had any contact with. I answered their questions honestly, except for one which I said was none of their business. They insisted it was their business then asked me to write a letter to the congregation DAing myself. I meekly consented but, after thinking it over, wrote them a letter telling them instead exactly why I did not wish to DA myself (love of my family, etc.) and assuring them that I would do nothing to influence the rest of their flock. By that time I had moved to a different town and thought I might be "safe" from purging, but they distance-DFed me any way. I don't know what official reason they gave for it, but my mother was devastated and everyone (but her) blames me. I'm only just now beginning to discover how much anger I stuffed down inside. But beneath that? Freedom! Joy! Hope! Adventure! Healing!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I faded away. Sometimes I wish that I'd been more overt about it, made some sort of statement to people, but I just didn't want to deal with the fallout from that, so it was a semi-slow fade.

• Love, Me
    Love, Me

Left!

• minimus
    minimus

GOOD TO HAVE SO MANY NEW ONES HERE!!!!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I left of my own free will..something I certainly didnt have as I was dragged into the organization since birth.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Left, stage right.

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

Left, hunted down several years later, kicked out

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

DF'd, and tried to return, but became disillusioned from being treated like less than a human being by PO, so I left, never to return.

Boozy

• Terry
    Terry

I had already left the organization. I stopped going to the Kingdom Hall. There wasn't anything at all there. It was an exercise in habit. It was a bad habit like picking my nose or trying to secretly pass gas without making that telltale sound.

But, I was called on the telephone to meet with the judicial committee.

So, I left and got kicked out too.

Why did I ever comply with the request to attend the judicial committee meeting? I didn't have to; there was no secret police arresting me.

It was just the habit. What habit? The habit TO OBEY.

See what it got me?

• minimus
    minimus

Terry, the lesson to be learned is----if you're out of the organization, you're no longer under their rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit