How Many Here Left The Organization? How Many Got Kicked Out??

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I don't know what I was, everyone knew I didn't want to be a witness anymore. People in the congregation would talk to me about when I was leaving. Then I just stopped going, I made an appearance at the memorial about two years after I left but it was too creepy, I haven't set foot near one since then. Well other than to put a wrestling flyer up on the door to "advertise, advertise, advertise" my next show.

• seven006
    seven006

I never left, I'm still in and the PO of my local congregation.

• minimus
    minimus

You act like PO.

• rocky220
    rocky220

left in 1975, then after 3years kicked out[?], what a kooky religion!rocky220

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

.............. in the process of fading.

Haven't been to a meeting in a year!

NOdenial

• Maca
    Maca

For me, it was a slow fade

• seven006
    seven006

What do you mean Min? I haven't once asked if I could mop someone's floor, wash a fricken window or ask for the juicy details of anybody's sexual encounters.

That hurt pal, you're off my smartass newsletter mailing list.

• minimus
    minimus

The "slow fade" is usually the best way to go so you can gradually get out of the mindset.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

In 1975 I got married to a JW man and was shunned by old friends and by his congregation because I married into the "wrong" JW family. I stopped going to meetings within 6 months because of the BS that congregation was pulling. I brought it up with my dad who "couldnt do anything about it", and with the travelling overseer, who said I was imagining things. Then I was told it was my fault my husband began abusing me. Blah blah blah. Attended my last memorial in about 1978.

There was actually a short time in 1981 or 82 that I looked at going back . Had finally been able to get a divorce after a suicide attempt (because I didn't believe in divorce). I had run into old friend and attended a couple of meetings and a party at their house around Christmas time. The only thing missing at the Christmas Party was the tree, decorations, and carrols. Theocratic songs, rum punch and wine, replaced them. Then coffee was served to sober up the crowd before they drove home. THAT was my last association. Couldn't stand the hypocrasy.

This web site has brought me up to date on some questions I've had over the years. Also, lately had weird JW dreams, like I'd crept back into the organization, wouldn't do field service and tried not to get caught and DF'd. Wierd. Those dreams have gone away

Hugs

Brenda

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Slow fade. Doctrinal issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit