My first time here

by Samdownunder 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome Sam, Be grateful you found Freeminds and this board BEFORE you get baptized. Get ready for a learning experience that will OPEN your free thinking mind. A free thinking mind is something the WT doesn't want you to have. I was in the religion for over 30 years and was an elder. I have some credibility as to the bs that is done on the congregation level. We always heard from the CO during his visit that each congregation has it's own personality. That is the polite way of saying that some congs. have IDIOTS in charge. IDIOTS WHO aren't smart enough to be SOMEBODY in any other endeavor of life. They think they are being spiritual and intellectual but all they are doing is being a pain in the ass of the life of the sheep like followers who need all of the prayers we can give them so they can have open eyes also. Enjoy the growing experience, HappyDad

• desib77
    desib77

Welcome, Sam! Glad to have you here.

Desi

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I *still* can't understand why if they are God's chosen WHY they would make the demons so pervasive in their religion? In 1988 I was washed clean with the Blood of the christ.. and I don't fear demons ever since. It's so STUPID. I have no fear of demons, or evil curses, or anything like that because i am a Christian. I have the blood of the Lamb to save me.. evil has no reign over me. Why should I be afraid? I have that security.. and that's what I count on! Sure.. I have temptations to deal with at times.. but I just do what I am supposed to do and I'm okay..

Country Girl

• gumby
    gumby
    9 years. Thats a long time. Study no more. It's taking others time and yours.

That's right.......and especially it's wasting his time since the time dubs spend is fruitless anyway......just like the time your wasting here Joker. Since your pro dub, you should spend your time on dub sites......not on sites where people reason about the witnesses. You don't reason if I recall. Gumby

• karategirl
    karategirl

This is my first time here also. however, I was raised a JW and left as an adult. It has now been ten years and I am in therapy trying to deal with my life as a JW. It is very controlling and no the people on this site are not exaggerating. I just sat and read only a couple of threads and it is like a breath of fresh air to see others that feel the way that I do. My friends who did not grow up as JW can understand the whole controlling thing about religion and using it as a tool to punish and put fear in you. However, they do not understand the magnitude of it. The JWs are a cult and the reason they are is because the control is not just in the ten commandments and make sure you go to bible study on sunday, they try and control every aspect of your life. No joke. My mother lived with an abusive man for 10 years until her death. She had to ask the elders if she could leave him so she wouldn't be disfellowshiped. They basically told her that unless he commits adultery she cannot. They said she could separate briefly if she thought her life was in danger but they would eventually have to get back together. She was so worried about being destroyed in Armageddon and not seeing her children that she stayed with him and as a result we had to grow up this way. It was a nightmare. On her deathbed she said that it was a relief to leave the pain and finally rest and her only consulation in dying was that she knew she had remained faithful to Jah and she would see us in the Paradise. Her life was miserable!!!! God wouldn't want us to be miserable. He created us to find happiness. Just because Adam and Eve sinned does not mean that everyone should be punished forever. My mother didn't know she was marrying an abusive man. Why should she be punished? God is not that evil.

I guess I really went off there. it feels so good to let it out. Please continue to read this website and look for more information on your own too. Look to God for your spiritual food, not the Governing Body.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome Sam and karategirl.

Yes, the control really is "that bad" because it is insidious ( progressing inconspicuously but harmfully; treacherous, crafty ) and is all-encompassing.

I'm glad you're both here!

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome, Sam and Karategirl !!

Sam, another good site to learn about the Watchtower cult (Yes, it is a cult) is "Shaun's Research". I can't seem to link sites, but if you type in Shaun's Research, you'll find it, or someone else on this thread might bring it up for you. It's a good site for "beginners", like you and me.

Sam and Karategirl, stay with this site too, as you will find tons of info., and tons of good people that will help you to see the "Truth" here. (The REAL truth).

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit