What does that hand gesture mean?

by Elsewhere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes I see people make certain hand gestures when they are excited or happy about something... things like these:

What exactly do they mean?

-Elsewhere, of the geek class.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

The first one is what my granpappy would do when he wanted another beer.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm not sure about the first one, but the second is "I love you" in American Sign Language. We adopted other languages into our languages/culture, and we have adopted some deaf language/culture as well. I believe the first one is ASL also, but I could be wrong.

Sherry (who works with the state on deaf and hard of hearing issues for babies and toddlers)

• JH
    JH

People do this to me very often, and I don't know what it means...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol It means he wants to do something very naughty to you..

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The second one is how worldly people show their worship to satanic heavy metal bands. JWs must make sure they never place their fingers in this position.

The first one is a way to make a telephone with your hand. It's a great substitute when you don't have a prop telephone handy.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JH,

That one is a very friendly gesture drivers use to say "Hello!"

Use it as often as possible... even if someone cuts you off. As they say, do not return evil for evil.

Oh, and make sure you always smile really big when you say "Hello" to the other drivers... it lets them know that you are sincere in your kindness.

• Netty
    Netty

Doesnt the first one mean hang loose?

der,

Netty of the I'm waaaaaaaay geeky too class

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Nos, are you sure about the second pic? I thought you had to fold your thumb in (over your middle two fingers) to make that gesture.

The first one looks like the "hang loose" gesture. lol

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

My guess:

1. Hang Loose

2. I love you

For more info on hand gestures: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Hand%20gestures LOL..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit