Convicted Rapist Brother Thompson strikes AGAIN!

by Nathan Natas 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    His experience helps others and Jehovah is using him.

Yup. Just like he's using "brother" Thompson there. Just like he used Lot to turn his daughters over to the mob outside his door, and just like he's using you. No reproach on his name there.

• paramedic
    paramedic

Every day if you watch the news you always here of someone belonging to some religion doing something they should not be doing, ie Rape, Child Molesting, Beheadings, Violent crime, ect ect ect. Just because this meat head was a member of JWS, this does not in any way implicate all JW's are like this. This guy could of belonged to any religion including your church and you may not even know.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome to the board paramedic.

You're right, the fact that this guy had JW ties does not mean all JWs are like him. You're also right that people like him could belong to any religion. But...

How many religions require(yes, require) their members to go door to door to gain converts? Of these religions, how many inform their members and the community that a molester is amongst them?

The JWs are world renown for their door to door ministry. Outside of them and young Mormon men, required door to door ministry is pretty much unheard of. I don't know Mormon policies but JWs do not inform their members that a molester is in their midst. If he denies it, things go on as before. Even if he is found guilty and punished by the elders, the members are not informed as to his ways. Until recently, elders encouraged parents of a molested child to not involve the police(they may still do this some, but pressure is causing them to change). The parents of a molested child are told to not warn other parents. The disfellowshipped molester may one day be reinstated and the only people who know of his crime are the child or other molested one, the parents of a molested child and the elders. Now you have a molester roaming free in the church and he's required to go door to door. Do you want a child molester or sexual predator preaching to you at your door?

• FairMind
    FairMind

I agree with paramedic! People like Thompson are part of the human race and can be found everwhere. Doctors, lawyers, policeman, Baptists, Catholics, Hindus and yes, even Jehovah's Witnesses. So it is unfair to criticize everyone in the WTS because of the few bad apples they have.

The real issue here is not the moral integrity of individual JWs but the organization's consistant disregard for anything but their own public image. The WTS' does not love people and will punish the innocent while protecting the guilty if that is what it takes to reinforce their position of Master! Seems to me that in the long run they are cutting their own throats as their motives and actions become more and more public knowledge.

FM

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Sword of Jah said:

He could be. He could also be a former Alcoholic, Drug Addict, Fornicator, Smoker, Violent, Gang Member, Catholic, Protestant, Evangelical, Prostitute, Politician, Soldier. The point is that as the scriptures say, we must dress with our new Christian personality.

undercover responded:

No one cares if the minister at your door is a former smoker. No one cares if they served in the military. Oh no, look out! A former soldier is at the door! Hide!

Yeah, but to SoJ and other Witnesses, there is NO difference between a smoker, a soldier and a rapist. What counts - the ONLY thing that counts - is whether one is obedient to the organization.

I think that comment by SoJ gives a really good insight into the cultic mind. People don't matter, and anyone who is not part of the cult is satanic. That's why smokers, Catholics and soldiers can be mentally filed away in the same pigeonhole as rapists.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

That's right, SOJ, they turn from all of those things to a minister that is willing to kill his or her children for church policy. It's so nice to see morals haven't changed since I left the org.

Anyways, to respond to the more sane of your comments.

Don't be silly. High rate of mental illness? I would like to see a study of mental illness done to the members of this forum and then compare that with Witnesses. But if you can be serious for a second, it is sad that because this guy was a bible study, publisher, or whatever, that you guys start jumping up and down saying oohh, aaahh. There is a former violent gang member that is a baptized Witness in my congregation that have helped many former gang members change. His experience helps others and Jehovah is using

Gee, so many ways to pick apart this comment. Hmmm. I'll just pick 1.

Here's a rebuttal to your question on a study of JW mental illness before I pick apart your comment.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah. You're comparing a gangbanger with a sex offender? You know (No pun intended) that a gangbanger and a sex offender are worlds apart in evils, right? A gangbanger only beats you up and robs you because it's buisness. He's a banger, and you're just some poor sap with a few bucks. He's not picking on you to fufil his own personal pleasure (Even though a few do take pleasure in doing their jobs.) It's easier to reform bangers because they're usually banging because they're poor and they want to get somewhere in the world and they have no hope. Show the banger a better way, and the banger will reform. But then again, you don't ever trust a banger to take care of your money, unless he's been reformed for quite a while (Sometimes, never.)

However, a sex offender is a predator. He/She will prey on somebody weaker than them for sexual gratification. He/She will go to any lengths to fufil their sexual desires. Putting them in a position where they're with young victims alone is a bad idea. He could have been a Catholic or a Jew or a Satanist. Forgiveness is forgiveness in all of those churches, but if you're a convicted sex offender, loads of evidence has proved that you're more likley to reoffend. Just think of it this way, what if a reformed Mormon came to your door, who had a past as a multiple sex offender? Would you feel shocked and sickened that he or she was a sex offender who came to your door, no matter if he or she was reformed? I would. I believe in giving people second chances, but I also believe in keeping yourself and others around safe while giving those people. If you don't feel so, then you deserve to be naively fooled by the church that owns your mind.

Every day if you watch the news you always here of someone belonging to some religion doing something they should not be doing, ie Rape, Child Molesting, Beheadings, Violent crime, ect ect ect. Just because this meat head was a member of JWS, this does not in any way implicate all JW's are like this. This guy could of belonged to any religion including your church and you may not even know.
    We didn't implicate that all JW's were like that. We're mearly bashing the system that allows such sick people as rapists and child molesters to go door to door. BTW, welcome to this board. I see you've taken the red pill, young one. If you stay on this board long enough, you might learn a few things that you weren't supposed to know :)
  • Cunfusious
    Cunfusious

This is for SwordOfJah :I am just curious, I see that you are constantly posting in favor of the JW's. Are you here to preach and defend them or what? Does this count in your hours out in service for the month? I understand that people change their ways and go to God for love and support. But what I see here is a rapist who, at his first chance out, struck again even AFTER he was studying to be a JW. From what I can see he was so weak and down on his luck and someone in the JW felt they could scoop him right up and all would be OK and forgiven. What a load of crap!

• larc
    larc

SoJ, I wrote the forward to the book by Bergman on JWs and mental illness. (For a shorter version of his finding, see the link that was provided on this thread.) I disagree with Berman on one point. I don't think that the rate of psychosis is higher among JWs than it is in any other group. I do agree with him that the rates of depression, anxiety, pschosomatic illness and suicide are much higher among the Witnesses. __________________________________________________________________________________________ I conducted a survey here regarding the above symptoms. About a hundred people responded. About 75% stated that they had had one or more symtoms while being a Witness. The percent droped to about 33% since leaving the religion. Yes, there are some residual effects, and/or, effects not stemming from the religion. Nonetheless, that is a very significant decrease in symtomatology before and after the JW experience.

• larc
    larc

What happened to JoJ? I addressed the issue of mental illness, and all of a sudden, he had fallen silent. Where is he, and why won't he respond? I would suspect that he has nothing to contribute on the subject. He uses hit and run tactics, and is unwilling to engage in meaningful dialogue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit