Opinions?

by patio34 15 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

At least you didn't try to appease your boss and lie...........taking the cat to a vet and have put to sleep or taking the cat to a way outta town spot and dump it! People do those things when the cat is still very much healthy and still could be adoptable.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Another "Aye" here.

It's none of your boss' business.
    Let him take care of it, if he cares so much.
    It sounds like you did your stint.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    taking the cat to a way outta town spot and dump it!

My dad did that once. The cat came back four days later.

My older cat is quite a handful. He was actually my ex's cat, but she didn't take him. He hates children, and has clawed a few in his lifetime. The bastard cat has not learned to say off the counter, but he's learned not to get caught. In his older age, he has become a very pukey cat. I often find vomit on the floor to clean up. But after having a cat for six years, you become attached. He wasn't a kitten when I got him.

I'm guessing he's only got maybe two years left in him. His legs are beginning to go. He'll probably be gone by the time me & the wife have kids.

I think you did the right thing. Cats are much like children at times. Some are good, some are a handful. Personally, I'd refuse to babysit a bratty kid.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

When my cats got mean with my family, I simply gave them the old super soaker to the face. Never failed. Sometimes, you got to outcat your cats and show them who's boss.

• Carmel
    Carmel

mountain lion, definately!

• patio34
    patio34

Hey SimpleSally! I've enjoyed the recent photos of you! How's your darling little girl doing? Thanks for the post re cat. My parents, it seems, did that to animals---the country run. Believe me, it did cross my mind! But, being a modern responsible person, I did the reasonable thing, imo.

Hi LT! Thans for weighing in---the boss's reaction is none of my business. I feel better and better. And I LOVE coming home to NO hissy cat!

Nos, poor Nos with that cat from Hell, it sounds! But it's good of you to tolerate him. No one else would probably take him.

ColdRedRain, great idea with the soaking. I did it one night to her for the kitchen counters and she hid herself for hours, then threw up. What a cat!!

Hey Carmel, thanks for the post about a mountain lion. There's something you wouldn't soak!

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit