QUIET signs at assemblies

by Jez 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• micheal
    micheal
    If it is such a loving organization, then why not provide a video of the assemblay for families that can not afford to go?

Because they are the furthest thing from a loving organization. They continually demand the impossible from its members causing many to be on meds, consider suicide or best yet leave that pile of dung forever.

• Jez
    Jez

I remember when I had babies that we were not allowed to have strollers at the conventions! It was torture carrying around a crying baby all day. But I notice that many mothers now just ignore that rule and bring them anyways.

Another thing about assemblays that caused me such stress, was seat obtaining. It was horrible bec if you didn't show up at least 1 hour early, NO SEATS, or all SAVED ones. It was a dreaded dreaded thing.

Jez

• roybatty
    roybatty

LOL!

• Jez
    Jez

I use to breast feed my kids IN my seat to provide some distraction and to alleviate boredom. One time a MS assigned to our area, asked me to leave...I said "Force me."

LOL....Jez

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Jez, you da bom! "Force me". LOL.

First time I went to a convention with my daughter, she was a year old and talking already. When we went back to our seats late after lunch, for round two (ding ding), she said loudly "Oh no not again". Every one looked around, no doubt thinking "You said it kid".

Ah I'm reminising now. The next convention after that I went to the morning sessions and crashed at the motel afterwards. How on earth did people stay the whole day with a bunch of kids?

Trumangirl.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Another thing about assemblays that caused me such stress, was seat obtaining. It was horrible bec if you didn't show up at least 1 hour early, NO SEATS, or all SAVED ones. It was a dreaded dreaded thing.

It was like that here for a while until the assemblies were moved to a larger facility further away.

Of course dramas were the worst. Everyone wanted the prime places to sit. They would crowd the doors when it opened knees and elbows flying. It certainly wasnt "loving" despite the "admonitions" to the brothers to be kind to those who could possibly be crushed to death. ie: my 8 year old self who only wanted a couple of good seats for the drama.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Nos said:

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Nos said:

I'm going to attend the next assembly and carry a sign that says "SHUT THE F@#$ UP!"

Did we forget our manners, Nos? It should say "SHUT THE F@#$ UP, PLEASE!"

Country Girl

• Preston
    Preston
    .....the borg must be the least creative organization on the planet.

...Maybe they think of it as not drawing any unwanted attention toward themselves.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Did we forget our manners, Nos? It should say "SHUT THE F@#$ UP, PLEASE!"

Well, if you wanna get nice about it, I think the "please" shoud go first, like this: "PLEASE SHUT THE F@#$ UP!"
    A sign like that would be great to have if you get a front row seat. Hold it up while the speaker is talking about Jehovah's happy people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit