You know your a mother when .....

by Angharad 25 Replies latest social humour

• Angharad
    Angharad

Got sent this in email this morning.

1. You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.

2. You have time to shave only one leg at a time.

3. You hide in the bathroom to be alone.

4. Your kid throws up and you catch it.

5. Someone else's kid throws up at a party. You keep eating.

6. You consider finger paints to be a controlled substance.

7. You've mastered the art of placing large quantities of pancakes and eggs on a plate without anything touching.

8. Your child insists that you read "Once Upon a Potty" out loud in the lobby of Grand Central Station and you do it.

9. You cling to the high moral ground on toy weapons; your child chews his toast into the shape of a gun.

10. You hope ketchup is a vegetable, since it's the only one your child eats.

11. You can't bear the thought of your son's first girlfriend.

12. You hate the thought of his wife even more.

13. You find yourself cutting your husband's sandwiches into cute shapes.

14. You can't bear to give away baby clothes - it's so final.

15. You hear your mother's voice coming out of your mouth when you say, "NOT in your good clothes!"

16. You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.

17. You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease.

18. You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night checking on the kids.

19. You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.

20. You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

You pick a dummy up off a street that's so dirty you don't even like to walk on it, give it a good suck to be sure it's clean for the baby, and stick it back in her mouth so she'll stop wailing. (I know I'm not the only one who did that.)

You decide crisps count as a vegetable.

I especially liked that one about making sure all the foods don't touch eachother. My daughter's particular neurosis is that she has to have a whole separate plate for all the food that she's rejected, because she can't stand to have it on the same plate with the food she still considers potentially edible. The separate plate was a compromise achieved through much negotiation, as she really thinks that the rejected food properly belongs on the floor where she doesn't even have to look at it.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL Ang !!!! Those are funny !!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I love no. 18...never fails....our kids become topic for conversation when we're out on a date....and we end up coming home earlier than we planned.

• Angharad
    Angharad

4. Your kid throws up and you catch it.

Hey, its easier than cleaning the carpet

And I can really relate to the ketchup one, Dylan has it with EVERYTHING, In fact its more like he has food with his ketchup

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Another good link of the same contributed by mothers

http://www.parentsoup.com/momograms/articles/0,,563553_292924,00.html

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    she really thinks that the rejected food properly belongs on the floor where she doesn't even have to look at it

That's why our dear old basset hound, Dexter, weighed 70 lbs. when the kids were toddlers. He knew the best place to hang out was right next to the high chair!

Good ones, Ang! And, yes, I wouldn't trade a minute of it.

Nina

• Angharad
    Angharad

Those are some good ones Xjw.

you sing kid songs ? when the kids aren't with you!

Yes, Barney the dinosaur has a lot to answer for

• Robdar
    Robdar

19. You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.

Hahahaha. It's so true!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    And I can really relate to the ketchup one, Dylan has it with EVERYTHING, In fact its more like he has food with his ketchup

My nephew is the same way. He even dips baby carrots and apple wedges into ketchup and eats it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit