I knew it! Star Trek is real!

by drwtsn32 29 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

I thought Scotty was going to beam you up.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

The transporter has a JW element in it.... if you are murdered by a laser like reader on one side, is that copy of you, really you on the other?

as far as I can tell from normal physics, its just a copy and the original you is toast.

• lurk
    lurk

a few startrek parables

a few captian picard talks

a few startrek video nights " how to apply volcan logic in your ministry"

would make meetings more interesting

ill rejoin for a uniform

lurk

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

If they didn't destroy the original with the laser...wouldn't that make an exact duplicate of you?

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Preston

are you going to sit there and tell me that Spock wasn't where it's at!

I don't know you, but maybe you'd have made a great couple too.

Spock was sexy but in a kind of unreachable way. Jim , he always fell for chicks that wore diaphanous clothes, and I had the feeling that if I just had unearthly violet eyes and enormous breasts (which I wanted very much, but we don't get everything we want in life) he MIGHT give me a tumble. Whereas Spock would just cock an eyebrow and tell me to dress in something warmer.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Whereas Spock would just cock an eyebrow and tell me to dress in something warmer.

LOL. I can visualize that perfectly.

On the subject of transporters, you know, it's funny, I used to think when I was a Witness, if they ever develop transporter technology, the preaching hours are going to go way down. I mean, geez, driving was what got you 90% of your time. Pioneering? Impossible!

Ostensibly, of course, the line would be that now the same amount of time could simply be used more effectively in reaching people, but you and I both know that Witnesses would dread service even more if going out for two hours actually meant talking to people for two hours!

SNG

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Yeah, but I stil have to type a response on the keyboard, instead of just speaking to the computer.

Keyboard.....how quaint.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The transporter has a JW element in it.... if you are murdered by a laser like reader on one side, is that copy of you, really you on the other?

as far as I can tell from normal physics, its just a copy and the original you is toast.

My impression is that the transporter in Star Trek does not destroy matter but merely decompose it into atoms or subatomic particles and recording the positions of them, and transporting them to a new location where they can be reassembled. However, I would imagine that the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle would be a BIG problem for transporter technology.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL @ everyone's comments. I'm glad I'm not the only nerd around here...

I would imagine that the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle would be a BIG problem for transporter technology.

Indeed! That's why transporters have Heisenberg compensators.

Now I'll do as Lisa suggests and back away from the computer... LOL

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Now I'll do as Lisa suggests and back away from the computer... LOL

oh NOW you listen to me....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit