Thank those who helped you out of the Org

by Nosferatu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I would like to thank my Dad, Ken Davidow, who told me on the way home from a convention that before I could get baptized I'd have to study the religion back to front and if i found it lacking, not to join, and if if did when i knew it to be lacking, he'd kick my butt. I'd like to thank another poster on this board who met my dad for telling me that if my dad was still alive, he'd likely be out of the org., as he was a smart guy.

I'd like to thank my dad's best friend who took me in when I was 13 right after my dad died and studied the "babylon the great has fallen" book with me, and showed me using dub chronology that if armageddon did'nt show up by the time I was 25, it was all bullshit.

I'd like to thank my first girlfriend and her wonderful body brain who showed me how bullshit it all was.

• avishai
    avishai

whoops, double post

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Wow, this is a touching thread. :-))

My life is dedicated to helping people out, and that's all I do (except for weekends). LOL

Thank you Country Girl, PurpleV, Netty, Corvin, Lady Lee, Megadude and others I may have forgot. I love you all!

Pass on the torch.

Randy

ExJWS.net http://www.exjws.net

• wednesday
    wednesday

I would like to thank the WTS for the abuse, for like LL , without it , i might never have left.

I also have Bill B, JT, GaryB, Randy W, Simon, Dakota, Lady Lee, Blondie, DeDe, Frannie, and many more. So many people , so many people who really reached out and gave of themselves.U just never know who u are helping when u post.

and we don't even have titles , and we put in a lot more "time " than we ever did in service.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hallellujah! Can I get an (ex) witness!

Amen!

CZAR

• onacruse
    onacruse

AlanF, Farkel, and seven006.

Friends indeed, who personally helped me in so many ways, through my toughest times, with the sincerest hearts of compassion, and the gentlest of intellectual nudges.

A and and to each of you fine gentlemen.

But that doesn't mean that we will desist from disagreeing on some points! LOL

Craig

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I thank my friend who I was able to bounce thoughts and ideas off of....I thank Jim Penton, Barbara Harrison, and Timothy White for writing their awesome books that shed much light on the "secret" history of the organization (the first books I read), and I thank C.O. Jonsson and Ray Franz for sealing my decision. And I guess I must thank the Watchtower Society for releasing the Revelation Climax! book and the Trinity broshure for proving to me that they expect me to swallow utter bullschitt as "food". Those publications couldn't have come out at a better time!

• chester
    chester

I would like to thank the brother who gave a talk at the Pontiac silver dome in June of 2000 who said that if you are happy with your life the way it is, "Stay off the internet", Don?t read anything that is negative about Jehovah?s witnesses. Curiosity killed the cat".

That was a very profound statement for me because it came at a time when I was wondering why they had to come out with a five-page insert in the Kingdom Ministry about the dangers of the Internet. It made me really start to think, "What do they have to hide?"

Before that I had stayed away from reading so-called "apostate" literature. (Like a good little dub).

I soon found out why they don?t want people on the Internet. Everything started falling into place. There are plenty of reasons why the society wants to keep its members in the dark. (An informed witness is soon an ex-witness.) It has been said so many times, "the Internet is the Watchtower's biggest enemy."

I would like to thank Raymond Franz for his books COC and ISOCF, which helped me greatly to see what this organization is all about.

I would like to thank Simon, Randy Watters, Kent, JanH, JanG and posters like Farkel, Zev, JT, Redhorsewoman, Larc, and many more.

Everyone who posts on these boards is doing a service to helping people get out of this organization.

• jwsons
    jwsons

I should say thank to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Branch of Australia, where I odered one of the Bible Dictionary (of-course I ordered the bookcounter at a KH because it's in the price list) Branch of Australia ended up with a book handed to me with a sticker price (cheaper than KH price-list, which I did pay WT Society Branch of Australia for--!!!??). However, I never complain about it for few dollars more than real price, actually those few dollars are priceless. Why? In the price sticker (with barcode etc..) also had the Bookstore name in Sydney (Koorong Book, it also has branch-stores in Brisbane, Melbourne and other states). So I went to that "Babylone the Great" Christian bookshop to have cheaper price and found out Ray Franz books. Voila.

So, our "brothers" in Australia Branch Office has a connection with a Babylon the Great bookshop and bought the cheaper price reference books from Her (the "Harlot" bookshop) and resold to me with a dear-price to gain benefits for "Kingdom" and made me find you out, friends (Robdar Freeminds, Simon of this board, HawkHawk, Dutchies, Lady Lee etc..)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bill & Joan Cetnar- Ronald Milmine- Randy Watters, Ray Franz- Jim Penton.

Mostly I would like to thank the HOLY SPIRIT for teaching me all things!! I now believe -& giving me HOPE!

(running like the dickens from the room before I get booed)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit