Thank those who helped you out of the Org

by Nosferatu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's a thread for all of you to thank those who helped you make your way out of the org. I'll start.

I'd like to thank my ex-fiance for the support that she had given me when I needed it the most. When I was faced with the elders coming to give me a shepharding call, she had given me the encouragement to stand up to them, and tell them truly how I felt. Even though they left saddened, I felt like a huge load had been lifted off my shoulders.

• kls
    kls

Good idea Nos. i do look at myself in the mirror and think , thank goodness i could see through them.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I would like thank myself and the little blue geo prizm that drove me out of that city three years ago.

I had too many freinds that i loved in the borg, they definately would have convinced me to stay..

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

THanks to Ray Franz for his beautiful, tactful, well researched expose on WTBTS!

Thanks also to JWD!!!!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Thanks JanH., Randy, Ray Franz, J. Penton, Kent S., Norm, Scully, and the rest of the group from Philia.

Most of all: Thank you Watchtower Society, for if you hadn't shown yourself for the false prophet you are, I would have never been able to search for my real path.

Country Girl

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

I would like to thank my sister for helping me see that my doubts about the organization were valid and helping me have the courage to stand up to my parents and the elders. I would also like to thank my friends Ryan and Jen for being there the day the elders came to collect my letter of disassociation

Bethany

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Thank you Randy Watters and David Reed. I was a pre-internet fader waiting to be destroyed at the Big A when I found their newsletters.

Valerie from NYC

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would like the thank the brother who gave a talk in which he said (paraphrasing): "If you are not 100% a Jehovah's Witness then you might as well leave the organization." When he said that I immediately got up and left the KH... never to return.

I would also like to thank the two Elders who sat in their car all day in the hot sun waiting in my driveway for me to come home so they could threaten to DF me for donating blood during a blood drive held at work. I told them they should not bother DFing me because I wanted to DA myself... a few hours later I delivered an official letter to one of the elders.

I would also like to thank the mystery JW who turned me in to the elders for donating blood.

Then there is the atheist community and Dan Barker, the author of Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist. His book described my experience almost exactly (The only difference is that, deep down I never really believed). To my great surprise he even replied to an email I sent him during my exit.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Thank you to Simon for creating this board, where I first learned about the Org.'s UN involvement. That convinced me that it was not the true religion it claimed to be. Thank you to Joyzebel (Joy2Bfree) who e-mailed me often to keep my spirits up. And a big thank you to Barb Anderson and others, who may perhaps bring about the fall of the WT. And everybody on the board for their stories of personal hardship and sucess in getting beyond the JW experience. (And some hilarious stories about fighting and farting at the Kingdon Hall!)

Kat

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I AM SURPRISED AND PLEASED THAT YOU DIRECT YOUR QUESTION TO ME PERSONALY.

REALLY NO ONE EXCEPT THREE ELDERS HELPED"ME" Outoftheorg.

I VIEWED THEIR DF'ING ME AS A GIFT AND THANKED THEM FOR IT.

ACTUALLY I DID THANK THE ELDER THAT SO ENJOYED LETTING ME

KNOW THAT THEY HAD DF'D ME.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit