My New Look

by Awake at last 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Hi Guys

Since the website has a new look, I thought WHY NOT me too.

I have a new perspective on my beliefs and now my looks.

Tell me what you think.  I am not the GB so you can say what you really think, OK!!!

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Looks good, nice fresh cute look. Kate xx
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last

Thanks Kate.

it all seems a bit trivial after what you just posted at exactly the same time.  Glad your daughter enjoyed Xmas, my daughter was a bit unsure about it all, she wanted it but also didn't.  Good to hear things are looking up for you, keep,in touch.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    What a cute kitty! I'm in love =)
  • millie210
    millie210

I like!

New beginnings are fun and well deserved.

• happy@last
    happy@last
    Looks much nicer than a scary monster. Glad you are on a path that suits you, all the best. I am sure your daughter will adjust, it can take a while when young ones have seen their parents doing one thing and now doing another. Encourage her to follow her heart also
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last

Thanks Just Kidding.  The cat is a Littlest Pet Shop toy belonging to my daughter.  I can see you would like it, your kitty is cute too although it looks like it could eat mine for a snack.

Millie210 I bet you didn't look like that when you went to the hall!  

I bought a denim short skirt.  Have never worn anything like that in my life before.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Changing avatars is easy, click on your name at the top of the page; it goes to the profile page you can write a bit and do the avatar (using Gravatar or your own download)  

Love your new look Awake at Last!  Mine is a quilt close-up, that I took a picture of at a quilt show.  

• millie210
    millie210

Ha ha Awake at Last,

A denim skirt huh? ohhhh....(shivers) 

I remember the elders having a meeting about sisters wearing denim skirts. (way back in the early 8o's)

I hope you enjoy wearing yours!!!

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Hi Millie210

I have had denim skirts before, never worn to meetings though.  They were knee length.  This new one is more like mid thigh length.  At 52 some would say I am a bit old to wear something like that but who cares.  I have never worn stuff like that, I always dressed like a middle aged woman when I was young so why can't I dress like a teenager now?  I have lost 30kg, don't know what that is in American weight but let's just say it is significant and very noticeable actually it is almost one third of what I weighed when I was attending meetings.  When I go to the shops and see sisters from my former congregation it makes me laugh because they see the new clothes, a bit short and a  bit tight, then they look at me and you can see they are wondering what happened.  They do not know what to say to encourage me back to the meetings as I am obviously doing OK without and have achieved something they are struggling to do as many people are.  I think that one less stress, that is the meetings, helped put me in a better place mentally and enabled the weight loss.

It makes me sad to see so many teenagers overweight at the time of their lives when they should shine and be beautiful.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit