Disasotiated

by nay27uk 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

It's not unusual for any young man at your age to start contemplating the path they are on. Even if you have never been a witness, it does mean you have a lot of soul searching to do on your own. I can't encourage you to go back merely because I think it would only muddle your thinking. A spiritual journey should be internal, not external....try and really think about why you want to go back....and be very honest with yourself...is it structure you are looking for? friends? goals? spirituality? make a list of your needs and ALL of your alternatives besides the organization.

Let us know how your first meeting went...think about why you left originally.

Take care.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Hello Nathan,

I was raised in the "truth". I too worked hard for my reinstatement back in '91. With in two years I was out again. You said something that sounded very familiar.

somthing has happend in my life in the last month

That's what happened to me. My grand-father died, lost my job, car, had very few friends. I will be honest with you. When you are in an emotionally week state, you tend to long and search for the better times. For me it was having so many friends, and family. I was being shunned at the time, so I had almost no one.

Looking back in was a very bad decision for me. After dissasociating myself, once again, my family and friends have turned their backs on me. Not because I did something wrong, but because I am not like them.

If you are having difficulties in your life, please be careful. If you truly want to be back with the people who only have conditional love, then I hope you find your peace and happiness.

I have learned so much since I left, I am very happy I'm not there any more. Did you know that the "this generation will not pass away" doctrin was changed in '95? Time ran out, so they had to do something different. This is just one of the issues I have with the witnesses. Not to mention their policy of breaking up families, and letting their children die instead of using life saving blood, which I'm sure you're familiar with.

Please take your time, pray about it, and good luck on your journey.

Bryan

• watchmanofephraim
    watchmanofephraim

Go and visit this website and tell me what you think?

http://watchmanofephraim.tripod.com

• Absolute_Dawn
    Absolute_Dawn

I am disassociated too. I have come to a different conclusion than you though. I will never go back! I am just curious why you want to go back? If it it aboust adjusting to life outside the jehovahs witnesses I understand. It's not easy. If it's because you miss your family, I understand that too. There are very few days I don't think about them, and miss them.

If you go back, I hope you are doing it for the right reasons. And you are in my prayers. I hope that everything works out for you.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Go and visit this website and tell me what you think?

http://watchmanofephraim.tripod.com

I think it's utter nonsense. Whoever produced it is clearly deluded, and uses the same wacky type/antiytpe mentality that cults like the Watchtower thrive on. Also, it's poorly organised, contains a lot of spelling errors and is hosted by Tripod, very annoying. Well, you asked. Welcome to the board.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Nay

Just go back and demand reinstatement. Forget all that working for it crap. If they dont want you in instantly then you dont need them at that hall. Keep door knocking hall to hall like a pariah until they let you in. You did not do anything wrong. Welcome back brother.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Go back? Never.........tried it once in my "guilt"............but the guilt has left and I now know the truth.......

What smells like bs is usually some kind of s..t anyway!

Sure am glad my sinuses cleared up after 30+ years............

Breathing clearly,

HappyDad

• nay27uk
    nay27uk

Hi all thanks for all the reply.

Ok some of you said i should have noted this site is all ex witnesses i already knew that.

Ok i never did go to the meeting on sunday and am still not sure if i will go to any at all if things dont change in the next few days or so.

The reson i was gona go back was for selfish resons i supose 80% selfish and 20% for the truth.

I have been out of the truth over 11 years and like my life outside.

I supose i will now explaine what it was that has happen to make me even consider going through that againe.

Ok when i was 16-17 and still in the truth i met a sister that compleatly changed my life we fell in love and she ended up being disfelowshiped because of us having intercorse more than once this was about 1 year after geting together, anyway i was reproved and stayed on in the truth having to cut all my asotiation with her. Well about 3 months later i was out with a brother who was not to strong in the truth getting drunk with him. Well he told me if i had 1 cigerett with him he would buy me all my drinks for the rest of the night, So i agreed.

I actualy loved doing it i got sutch a kik from doing what i wanted to do for a change so caried on smoking, Elders came round with the usual are you repentant shit so i told them "NO" i aint i like it and i dont gona stop so make me disasotiated i dont want disfellowshipping i wana disasotiate my self. so thats what heppend.

Well about 6 months l8r i met kerry againe and we got back together ended up living together "in sin of corse" this woman was my first true love and i have never forgoten her and i belive she is my soul m8.

anyway we lived together for about 6 months then the relationship came to a nasty end (unfortunatly we was teenagers in love).

Well i bumped into kerry againe about a month ago she is now back in the truth and reinstated.Well anyway we exchanged hugs and phone numbers and aranged to call to arange a dinner out.

Well we met for diner the following monday and instantly got on together it was like we had never been apart, She told me that she was going to meet me and tell me it had been nice to see me but goodby (because of the truth) But that she realy didnt want to do that after seeing me againe and getting on so well. Well after speaking on the phone with her she said she realy wanted to be with meagaine but she canot leave the truth againe like she did last time because of her children this time and because it hurt so many people last time round.

Well me being me all the old fealings had come rushing back and i have to say i love her and want to be with her so i made the desision to bite the bullet and go back to the truth.

Like i said i havnt yet and dont know if i will with how things are going, but thats anouther story.

sorry all for the spelling

• kls
    kls

So you are going back to meetings for the sake of this girl that you want to be with. She is showing you that the org. is more important then you . She may think about giving it another try if you are in good standings with the jws. Don't you see something wrong here? Don't you see that there are conditions on you for things to maybe work out with the two of you? You are going to fall back into the trap you fell away from . I really hope she is worth selling your soul.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I personaly would never change for anyone else. And going back in to the borg... you know what you're headed for.

Good Luck,

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit