Disasotiated

by nay27uk 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nay27uk
    nay27uk

Hello all.

This is my first time posting on this forum, My name is nathan and i have been waching the forum for the last few days.

The reson i am here is i am looking for a bit of encouragement and to ask for your prayers to help me.

ok i first came into the truth when i was about 6 years old i got baptized and was in the truth untill i was about 18 when i disasotiated myself.

im now 29 and somthing has happend in my life in the last month that has made me stand up and take a good long look at my life now and when i was a witness.

I have made my desition to go back to the meetings and hope to be reinstated. I have just resently given up smoking (cold turkey) and am finding that to be hard after only one week.

Tomorrow will be the first meeting i will atend on my long road to aceptance and i have to say i am very nervus about it.

anyway i wont take up anymore of your time i just wanted to ask if you could all remember me in your prayers and ask jehova to help me conquer my problems and then maybe i can have the life i used to have back

• rebuilding
    rebuilding

Good luck with your attempt to be reinstated.

I am curious. What is it that you miss about your life as a Witness?

Rebuilding

• Mulan
    Mulan

You should know that just about all of us on this discussion board are ex JW's, and I doubt you will get much encouragement to go back.

Sorry.............I hope you stick around. You might get more settled.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I left, unbaptised at 17 and went back for a while at about 22. I never could bring myself to get baptised because of the high control they wanted over my life, so it only lasted for a couple of years.

The big mistake I made, was that I only studied Truth FROM the literature. I never actually studied the literature itself, to see if it was truthful. I didn't do that until nearly thirty years later.

Looking up quoted material to check if it was kosher was like a punch in the guts. I had based many life defining decisions on WTBTS doctrine, even though I was not associated, and I was finding many half truths, lies and deceptions.

I pray for you.

Chris

• Gadget
    Gadget

Welcome to the board! Its a hard long slog you have ahead of you, good luck in your journey. When I first came to this board I was trying to get reinstated, and came damn near to it too. Stick around and have a look at things around here, theres a lot of good information here.

BB

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome to the board! Sorry you feel the need to go back and get more emotional beatings! Visit here and read, "the truth will set you free!" Maverick

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Nate:

You took the time to take a photo and put up an avatar so I think you might take the time to come back and read the posts.

Would you go back if you knew for sure that the WTBTS has no backing from God? That the entire 607/1914/1918/1919 thing is bunk? If yes you are likely looking for structure in your life. Perhaps you feel out of control and the KH will certainly give you structure, but remember that once you are in again if you "fall" and get DF'd you will again lose all your friends and family.

That being said, you will receive plenty of encouragement here to be a better person, lead and fulfilling life and to be a good father and husband - and even to be a good Christian. As to being a JW, most here find it hard to teach others lies about the bible.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

I will Pray for you nate. I just wonder what has happened to you right now that pushes you forward to get reinstated? Is it missing all your friends?

This board is wonderful, and we will help you and support you if you need help.

Let us know how it works out for you.

MelbaToast

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sorry mate but returning to the JW mind control system will not "get your life in order". If its nicotine that is your demon, you can conquer that without the corrosive coersion of the elders and their minions. If it is other "issues" the solution will be to attend all meetings, sell lots of rag mags, and c-grade books and have bible studies that parrot the ill-concieved doctrins of Rutheford et al. Do you really thing pleasing the heirarchy of the witlesses will be that satisfactory? If so, go for it! The other six billion folk won't notice.

carmel

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, this is a first for me. I have never met anybody who had reviewed the site for a few days, and didn't figure out that most would hope that you wouldn't go back.

My name is nathan and i have been waching the forum for the last few days.

Nathan, I am curious. What led you to disassociate in the first place? Did you take up smoking before or after you left? What is the primary reason you want to go back now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit