Do you still read the magazines?

by Pleasuredome 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I seem to find myself strangely drawn to them - but it's with an attitude of, " I wonder what crap's in them this week ". However, the Awake sometimes has a good article on non - spiritual things, now and again I'll read that if it interests me.

FF

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

naaaaa

I leave it to Blondie

• Preston
    Preston

Whenever I crash at my parents, to visit every once in a while, occasionally I'll take a nap on my visit. my mom usually takes my keys, opens the door of my car and puts a Watchtower or Awake! in the passenger seat before I wake up. When I get in my car to drive home I usually notice this, I read the front cover and set them aside. Then, usually later that day when Bruce and I go out for dinner and Bruce gets in the passenger side of the car, Bruce will notice the magazines and say "What the hell is this crap?" at which point I respond "Hmmmm?" So Yeah I still read the magazines....

• micheal
    micheal

I'm not interested in hate-propaganda or such narrow-minded thinking.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I certainly don't enjoy reading that crap, but I force myself to. The family that I love is in the WT cult, and I need to know what's going on in their lives.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't worry 99% of JWs don't read them.

Blondie

• patio34
    patio34

I have a revulsion to them or any of the WT "literature." Don't they use words to death?!?

I have tried to look at them occasionally, but feel almost nauseated, so why bother?

It would be nice to analyze them as Blondie does, but I guess I don't have it in me.

Pat

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The only time I read them is to pick out the crap and show it to somebody,,which is very rare thank god. Other than that no way am i going to waste my time reading such garbage.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Occasionally I glance at Awake! which sometimes has some interesting tidbits; if you skip the last three paragraphs or so of each article (where they relate whatever the article is about to Jehovah), it can be worth flicking through. But the best I could really say about it is that it's like a severely dumbed-down version of the Reader's Digest.

The Watchtower has no redeeming features.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I have no contact with WT literature whatsoever. My mind is finally getting clear and don't want to smear dung on my frontal lobes anymore.

Freedom is sooooooooooooo beautiful!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit