Do you still read the magazines?

by Pleasuredome 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i was speaking to a lady today who isnt a witness. she's a very intellegent, well educated and well travelled girl, and she tells me how much she enjoys reading the watchtower and awake. i said to her that she has to be joking, and she tells me that she she likes them a lot. she tells me she likes some of the articles that feature places in the world that hardly get a mention on TV. fair enough i thought. so i just wonder how many of you still actually like to read the magazines for something enjoyable to do? i certainly don't. i want nothing to do with that printed rubbish .

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've tried but find it too difficult to follow their selective reasoning. I would rather poke my eye out with a screwdriver than read that nonsense.

Kate

• rebuilding
    rebuilding

No, just looking at them makes me sick to my stomach.

Rebuilding

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome to the board rebuilding.

i totally agree with you, it makes me sick to the stomach too. so much so, i cant even read blondie's 'comments you wont hear at WT study' threads.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I used to have some up in the closet, i kept them for a year. I finally threw them out and havent picked one up since then.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I don't but I could enjoy the Awake for the same reason as the worman you were talking to and if I read a WT it would be with the eye of finding something juicy like a contradiction.

• Netty
    Netty

No way!

• JH
    JH

I don't have any magazines, so I can't read what they publish. Last time the elders came over to encourage me, they left 2 magazines. I hardly read them.

• Golf
    Golf

If an article interests me, YES! Some years ago, they had the entire magaizine devoted to North American Indians.

Guest 77

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am with rebuilding................makes me sick to my stomach to even look at them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit