Ladies, don't you hate it when guys over analyze everything?

by Maverick 26 Replies latest social relationships

• Sirona
    Sirona

Mav

I over analyse to the extreme. Sometimes I'd like to switch off for a while (I suppose thats where relaxation and meditation come in)

I think you need to know when to lighten up and when to face things and that is a difficult decision!

Sirona

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    genuis-type guy

Wow a Genius and *see reference to deleted thread* ROFLMAO

Mav: You just need to find someone that is more on your level. Thunder and I discuss EVERYTHING just as Onacruse brought out about he and Kate. To me if have to over-analyze your relationship is indicative of a problem. Yes, it's necessary to discuss things about the relationship and talk out any problems but if you aren't getting the feedback that you need to reassure you then something is not right in Maverickland.

Also, from your previous posts I would think you two would be too busy doing other stuff

• bigboi
    bigboi

Mav, it could be that you simply have a really sensitive bs detector.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Maverick:

I guess I have been thinking about this,(too much?) because yesterday was the 6th anniversary of the dissolution of my 15 year marrage. In ten minutes a judge erased 15 years of my life and half of everything I ever owned!

So now my question; Ladies, has this been a problem for you, your guy reading way too much into way too little? ...or am I over-thinking again? Maverick

I used to go through this every year right around my anniversary with my X it was like that for 30 years. I realized that yet another wasted year of my life was going to go by unless I ended it. By the time I had left I no longer revisited that aniversary ghost. The would, could, should haves can get you down and keep you stuck in the past. It simply is what is, put it behind you and move on.

I would think that over doing anything be what it may (for you it's over-thinking) is a clue that you aren't living in the present and you are trying to undo the past. Maybe for you this is what's going on?

I think males are naturally hardwired to think period so yes they do over analyze things.

Women on the other hand are hardwired to feel and get into the emotional side of things.

These two concepts when they can meld together as two individuals coming together as a couple and recognizing the uniqueness of their abilities willing to trust each other can make an awesome team. You just have to recognize and accept the differences have a common goal and let the melding begin.

IMHO it's simple people if you have each others best interest in mind and not only your own.

Kate

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thank you to the feedback! I am impressed with the depth of the responses.

SP I do not believe this is gender specific.

I was talking to my sorta, on again, but mostly off again GF, and everything I said was wrong. according to her. I tend to believe that if something is important the person will do their best to do it. If something is not important then they will not care if they do it or not. Forget the words, follow their feet! This attitude helped me to walk away from the JW's. Those people walk with their heads turn around backwards! But this is not the first time I have heard this from women I was involved with. This girl has told me time and again that I am clueless when it comes to figuring people out, and I have been so very wrong so very many times, I do doubt my own judgement. This is in such conflict with my general nature to be trusting, adventurous and go for it!

So, am I, as a male, in the minority when it comes to thinking too much and reading too much into things? It has always served me well in business. Maverick

• Netty
    Netty

I'm the over analyzer in my relationship.

I dont think it is gender specific though.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mav, I've discovered over the years that those who feel it necessary to over-analyze and/or advertise are.....all hat and no cattle.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit