How many brought to the JWs by the door to door work?

by undercover 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

Jill and I were door-to-door converts in 1981, but somewhat prompted by an informal "witness" of someone who was studying in the UK. In the local congo of ~150 publishers I would guess that during our tenure (1981-1998) there were about 15 dood-to-door converts baptized in total, so about 1 a year. Glen

• dh
    dh

i can think of maybe 5-7 people that were brought 'into the truth' from door to door work in my life as a jw (18 years). they had all left by the time i left, and none of them lasted more than 3 years in the collective.

it was the typical scenario. lonely, depressed, convert to jw, new friends, pioneer, over zealous blah blah blah, then the penny drops and they leave.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I was. I had never even heard of Jehovah's Witnesses until they showed up on my doorstep when I was sixteen.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Not me, raised one, and my grandmother had some connection to JWism thus interesting my parents in the late seventies. So, I'm not sure about my grandmother, if she got reeled in by the door to door work but the funny thing is that she never really became a JW, basically just staying on the fringe and doing her own thing.

In my KH, of the 18 years I was there, I only know of one conversion, a family that had a son that liked to molest other children in the congregation. Other than that, the only new people brought in was through family or new JW families moving into the area because their own KH was too messed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit