Why Preaching From House to House Is a WASTE and a SCAM!

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Logic tells us that the "preaching work" is alot to do about nothing. Knocking on doors when no one is home is a stupid waste of time! The odds of finding a Bible study that gets baptized after leaving a person a tract or magazine has got to be ridiculously low. 99% of the people that get baptized are teens of those in the "truth". If you're lurking and you're a Witness, enjoy your Saturday mornings having a good snooze.

• Soledad
    Soledad

well said. I have only known one person who became a JW after a door to door visit, and he fell out after 1 year. that's only 1 person in 20 plus years of field service. not so good, statistically speaking.

• doogie
    doogie

you know what's an even bigger waste of time? trying to convince JWs that what they're doing is a waste of time.

hey, as long as they don't knock on my door, i say more power to em...their god will be so proud of their fruitless labor.

• kls
    kls

And that goes for Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

• minimus
    minimus

When you think about it, elders, pioneers and servants MUST put it either at least the congregation's average or country's averages in order to be accepted by the elite. It doesn't matter that you meet NO ONE in the "work". As long as you are "visible", you are a good example in the ministry. It has nothing to do with saving people.

• doogie
    doogie

hey, jesus didn't say anything about saving people...just preaching to people and shaking the dust off your feet. in fact, the fruitlessness of the work is proof that we're living in the times of the end! actually, the fact that no one talks to JWs just goes to show that they really are the only true religion and god is blessing his true people now more than ever!!!! god bless god!!!

• jaredg
    jaredg

my dad (still a jw) feels the same way. he thinks the WTS should start doing comercials (sp?). for the few months i recently lived at home i think my parents went out once maybe twice. my dad also recently stepped down as and elder. i wonder if he is starting to have doubts. he still defends the WTS though

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Think about it...If JWs spent their preaching time actually doing something constructive for someone in the community what a better witness that would be to everyone. All those volunteer hours spent walking around talking to dogs and neigborhood cats and disturbing people is such a waste of time that could be better spent truly caring for people and their needs. At least other churches in my community have food banks and occasional church dinners to feed the poor.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

All the years (33) since my diapers.It was the conviction of my heart,that I was out there 'marking' people righteously inclined for everlasting life.

Door to door SUCKS so the above is the only reason i engaged in it.

Many of my Jdub peers were doing it for the "3 P's..Power Prestige and Pxxxxx.

I think that's why i am now an EXJW,because I am pure in heart.[Matt.5:8] Heart/wings

• minimus
    minimus

Danny, I'm enjoying reading your more condensed comments!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit