Elders Manual "Shepherd the Flock of God" - Is it new?

by Bonnie_Clyde 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Are you thinking of the Pay Attention book for the elders, or the one described as a spiral notebook with copies of WT articles in it, a possible update?

Blondie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I used the term "spiral" notebook. It isn't really spiral. Just don't know the terminology. It is bound on the side by a black plastic device with 19 little "arms" that slide into perforations on the book. That is a terrible description, but the best I can do. This type of binding is real common but I don't know what to call it..

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cerlox bound! It is cerlox bound! This can be done at any copy shop.

• simplesally
    simplesally

It looks like this I bet:

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Cerlox - it's like the one on the right.

Well, thanks anyway. I do believe it may have been put together by a circuit overseer as there is lots of advice for elders.

There is quite a bit on blood, including "Loaded Questions to Watch Out For." and how to answer them It also says you should always consult the elders before seeking medical treatment.

Even though there was a section on "Illness, Family Problems, Unemployment.", I saw nothing whatsoever about taking care of the needs of the sick and the elderly. Just keep preaching!

And sisters have no excuse for missing the meetings even if they have a full time job and their household duties have piled up on them.

• blondie
    blondie
    Cerlox bound! It is cerlox bound! This can be done at any copy shop.

Actually, I have done this type of work just by buying the cerlox binders or equivalent, using the specialized hole punch, and make copies of the appropriate pages. When we have 15 or more to do, then we contract it out. To date, the WTS has not published anything in this format. Of course, that wouldn't stop someone from having the Pay Attention book bound this way and insert extra pages for their own use. That would make it difficult to return the book should you step down or be removed. Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit