Elders Manual "Shepherd the Flock of God" - Is it new?

by Bonnie_Clyde 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I've been around for a long time and have seen just about every WT publication--even the hard bound "Paying Attention to the Flock." But today someone showed me a manual I've never seen, "Shepherd the Flock of God." It is 8-1/2" by 11", has a spiral binding, and a plastic cover. It does not give the name of the publisher, and there is no date, but it is obviously published by the Watchtower. It concentrates on effective shepherding visits and subjects for home-shepherding calls. It has 73 pages of instruction from the Organization including "Safeguarding Your Children From Misuse of Blood." I have been lurking on this board for quite awhile and haven't seen anyone mention this book, but it relatively new as it quotes from a 1998 Watchtower. The first article is called "Bruised Sheep" and makes suggestions on what elders can say to abuse victims.

Does anybody know anything about this book?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Interesting! I have never heard of that book.

Would anyone out there happen to have a scan of it?

• shamus
    shamus

Well KISS MY GRITS!

The governing blody brought out a new one! I wonder what garbabe is in there!

• blondie
    blondie

This sounds like one of those books an individual puts together for their own use pulling in WT articles, etc. The WTS almost always puts thir name on their publications except in countries where they have had to go underground.

Hmmmm

Blondie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Bingo Blondie! (that could be a new game)

I agree, the WT would have copyright all over it.

• avengers
    avengers
    I agree, the WT would have copyright all over it.

Unless it contains things that if discovered could cause a commotion, then they can always say it's not theirs.

lol.

• catchthis
    catchthis
    has a spiral binding, and a plastic cover. It does not give the name of the publisher, and there is no date

Sounds like one of those homemade jobs, sort of like when brothers and sisters make those similarly constructed books for the DC's that contain the talk names, etc.

An elder probably just put together a bunch of WT articles that are referenced in the Pay Attention book so that he can openly share this book with the householder, unlike the Pay Attention book.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The booklet is pretty elaborate with several chapters, headings, and subheadings. It wasn't just thrown together. I believe it could have been used for elder's school.

• blondie
    blondie

BC, those indvidual setup and published books aren't just thrown together either. It is amazing what you can do with desktop publishing and a photocopier at Kinko's. Some JWs have a cottage industry providing the books for the school and service meeting.

Blondie

My husband Irrev added that the WTS would follow the same pattern it does now in the Pay Attention book for the elders where they cite the magazine/book location, page number not provide the whole article within the book. Even for the Elders School no info is provided just a list of the articles to be discussed, copies to be made at your own expense and in your own time.

• RR
    RR

Yeah, it's real ... I have a copy somewhere in this basement!

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit