Going to buy Cigars tomorrow...

by Confucious 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Cubans are over rated and usually stale because they are smuggled in and not kept under proper conditions. Buy Cubans for bragging rights and a good Dominican Republic or Yebor City cigar to smoke. Mav

• TonyT
    TonyT

I would stock some Romeo y Julietas, Partagas, Dunhills, and maybe some Royal Jamacans.The likelyhood of getting a counterfit or poorly stored Cuban would make them a poor choice IMHO.

• Confucious
    Confucious

I'm getting them mostly for a conversation piece. But I think I'll get some other good ones for smoke.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My choice,

Romeo y Julietas

Very good cigars. On my trips to visit gold morning in New York, I stop at a Seneca Indian tobacco shop on my way home. All tobacco is tax free. Example: Newport 100's = $22.00 per carton.

They have sooooooooooo many brands of cigars too! The ones mentioned above are good. I bought some cigars grown in this country from Cuban seed tobacco and they are excellent. Can't remember the brand though!

You can also purchase from them over the internet. Keyword: Seneca Indians

I'm at gold morning's now and am leaving for home Monday morning. I will stop at the tobacco shop and check out more cigars and buy a few cartons of cigs for friends.

HappyDad

• Confucious
    Confucious

I'm slowly becoming a afficianado of cigars...

For you smokers...

Cubans were real good, but a little overrated. Probably good if you bought them straight from a humidor. But most cigars shipped lose a little on the shipping.

I found that the Ashtons are the best. Followed by CAO (an Italian Cigar smoked on the Sopranos).

I didn't like the Romeo Juliets.

I also found the the corrona size is good.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

My husband and I boutght some cigars recently. We were told that if they are not kept in properly humidified conditions, they will dry out and crumble in a few months. I am not familiar with humidors - are they glass fronted? How much would a humidified display cabinet cost?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, Cuban cigars are the best, but unless you have a connection (like I do) you are SOL. Non Cuban cigars, I would go with CAO, good tasting, good draw, good price..

Go to Thompson Cigars online for a humidor. They have good prices on Humidors. However, do not buy your cigars there, they are way too expensive. The Humidity most people set for their cigars is 70%. I use 62%.

My Cubans are next day air shipped and vacuumed sealed, so they are fresh. I would put up a Monticristo Edmondo to any other cigar in the world, nothing like a Cuban....

PM me your address, and I will send you a couple Cubans....

If you live near the Mexican Boarder in CA, We need to meet up at the Casa De La Hobanos Dealer in TJ. Rudy, the owner, has a great selection of Cubans and carries a great selection of Cuban Rum...I am going there this Saturday for some R&R.........

As I write this, I am lighting up an Edmondo....yummmmm...sweet

• Descender
    Descender

I have a cigar question. I was interested in trying out some different types of cigars a few months back, so I went to a cigar shop and asked the owner to set me up with some decent cigars for a novice. I can't remember what he gave me, but some tasted decent, some didn't. But they all had something in common, after I smoked one I would get a headache, sometimes a bit of nausea, and my mouth would taste like ass all night and most of the next day, no matter how many times I brushed. Is that normally the way it is with cigars, or was I doing something wrong?

• dubla
    dubla

con-

i like macanudos and arturo fuentes, for cigars that wont completely break your bank ($5-$10 per cigar). if you want to splurge, opus x is the greatest non-cuban cigar on the planet, but they can be very hard to find.

aa

• avishai
    avishai

Ya can't go wrong with Davidoff cigars. i also like Avo and Griffin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit