One Devastating Bible Passage

by Farkel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

greenpalmtrees,

: The Pharisees were against him and were scattering Israelites away from him. But in Mark 9 the man involved was a fellow Israelite who was not falsifying about Jesus but who believed in the power of his name and was using it to cast out demons. The fact that he succeeded showed Jehovah God, Jesus? Father, did not disapprove or leave the man in the lurch. So how could Jesus object?

You "agree?" To what? Aren't you smart enough to even understand the purpose of this thead? Are you STUPID, or something?

Let's get back to the FACTS as related in the Bible, shall we? Some guy was casting out demons in the name of Jesus, and his "inner circle" of disciples were concerned about it, and told Jesus about it. Did Jesus say, "don't worry about it, he's one of my disciples, too?" NO. He said that those who were not against him were for him. This CLEARLY implies the guy was acting on his own with out Jesus' own authority. The guy was a maverick. What is so hard to see about this?

The WTS explanation is a total exercise in excusogetics and is totally disingenuous in that it ignores the context of the scripture.

Now read this crap again and let us disect it:

: But in Mark 9 the man involved was a fellow Israelite who was not falsifying about Jesus but who believed in the power of his name and was using it to cast out demons. The fact that he succeeded showed Jehovah God, Jesus? Father, did not disapprove or leave the man in the lurch. So how could Jesus object?

How do we know he was a fellow Israelite? Scriptures, please. He could have been a Russian. The Bible doesn't say.

We don't know if he was not "falsifying" about Jesus at all. The Bible doesn't say. All is says is the guy was casting out demons in Jesus' name.

"The fact that he succeeded showed Jehovah God, Jesus' father did not disapprove" statement proves nothing. The fact that Hitler, Stalin, Sadaam Hussein, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Khadaffi succeeded for decades shows that "Jehovah God, Jesus' father did not dissaprove," using that same argument. These mentioned gentlemen killed hundreds of millions of people, while the guy in question only cast out a few "demons."

Can't you smell bullshit when the stench is all around you?

Farkel

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Farkel,

You "agree?" To what? Aren't you smart enough to even understand the purpose of this thead? Are you STUPID, or something?

Why do you sound so angry? I simply said I agreed with the sentence I highlighted because it reflected what I had written in the post just before Toreador's. The title of this thread is, "One Devastating Bible Passage", it isn't devastating in my opinion, so I gave my opinion on it. What is the problem with that? I don't understand your angry tone.

I highlighted these words from Toreador's post: "The fact that he succeeded showed Jehovah God, Jesus? Father, did not disapprove or leave the man in the lurch. So how could Jesus object?", and said I agreed with them.

You quoted these from his post: " : The Pharisees were against him and were scattering Israelites away from him. But in Mark 9 the man involved was a fellow Israelite who was not falsifying about Jesus but who believed in the power of his name and was using it to cast out demons. The fact that he succeeded showed Jehovah God, Jesus? Father, did not disapprove or leave the man in the lurch. So how could Jesus object? "

Then you proceed to attack me? I did not address everything you quoted yet you call me on it rather than Toreador the one who posted it. Curious indeed.

You asked,

Can't you smell bullshit when the stench is all around you?

Yes, I can. It smells like when someone doesn't like to be disagreed with and like a little kid in a school yard fight calls names and puts up his little fists to start a fight over nothing.

Also your last paragraph proves nothing, you are misappling the whole thing simply to prove your point. I don't know all the fancy terms for it but I believe you would call someone out on that if they tried to use such silly logic. The man did a good thing, he killed no one, he expelled a demon by Jesus' name. In the Bible this is attributed to God's spirit, therefore of course then, he was not working against Jesus but for him.

Sabrina

• gumby
    gumby

PLEASE STAY TUNED IN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AS HBO WILL BE AIRING THIS FIGHT NEXT SATERDAY

It is different with the religious systems that now preach in Jesus? name. It cannot be said that all these are not against him for that reason, for they are against Jehovah?s faithful witnesses who do preach Jesus and his kingdom. So as they are against the least of these his brothers, they are against him and their mere use of Jesus? name does not gain favorable recognition of them as true followers.

Jesus key Riest! What a lame-ass explanation! Was this the best Freddie could do?

So all of christendom is going to perish because they don't like JW's?

First of all, not ALL christians are against JW's as literally thousands of them know very little if anything about JW's so how could they hate them? Also, "the least of these my brothers" is strictly the annointed and so those who hate the great crowds preaching work.....also hate jesus.

If someone loves jesus to death, but is against the witnesses, then Jesus voids out that persons love for him cuz you just don't mess with his witnesses!

Gumby

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Farkel, do you have a hornet's nest in your britches again? Take your meds dude.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    It is different with the religious systems that now preach in Jesus? name. It cannot be said that all these are not against him for that reason, for they are against Jehovah?s faithful witnesses who do preach Jesus and his kingdom. So as they are against the least of these his brothers, they are against him and their mere use of Jesus? name does not gain favorable recognition of them as true followers. Matthew 7:20-23 (NW) applies to them:

By making themselves, rather than Jesus, the focal point of the modern application, the wts craftily gets around the problem.

As Gumby wrote, most religions barely know the jws and don't exert energy opposing them. Most Christians are simply busy trying to tell others about Jesus, and/or busy living their lives, without giving thought to what the jws are up to.

• barry
    barry

Youre a Prophet Farkel. The Study at the SDA Church is on this very subject. For those who dont know its much like the WT study but we separate into small groups so people can have more input into the study.

The take the SDAs have on this one is as follows from the frist paragraph.

John 10;16

However committed we should be to our message. we mustn,t read more into it than there is such as the belief that we alone as Seventh Day Adventists are saved. That view has not , nor has ever been the official position of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. We recognize those agencies that lift up Christ before men as a part of the divine plan for evangelization of the world, and we hold in high esteem Christian men and women in other communions who are engage in winning souls to Christ.

One of the Questions we are going to Discuss is 'Imagine that you are given the pulpit in another Church; it wil be your only opportunity to preach there . What would say, what wouldnt you say, and why?

So far so good but there is a darker side in this lesson the SDAs are trying to say also that they should push there distinctive doctrines. Soul sleep, Sabbath, Investigative Judgement Well Ill be there today to give them my take on things because some of there so called extinct sorry dinstinct doctrines sound like arrogance to me. Barry

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Farkel - absolutely shear brilliant Logic - clear flawless logic - wonderful - I absolutely have to use this (I will credit you of course)

• myelaine
    myelaine

He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.--Matthew 12:30

Anyone that is not promoting kingdom interests(belief in The Heavenly Father) does not gather God's children, he scatters them.

This explaination would reconsile the two passages.

michelle

• bigboi
    bigboi

I haven't read the scriptures themselves so I'm not familiar with the context. However if in one instance, Jesue was talking about a person who may have believed in his power, though not a personal associate or follower, then I can understand his comment about "he who is not against us is with is". However, if the second instance mentioned is in the context of an argument with the Pharisees, or a group that is clearly opposed to Jesus, his follwers and his work, then I can understand his saying "he who is against me scatters". Both instances were forms of hyperbole, meant to get a rather expansive point across about who could be identified as friends, and how the efforts of those opposing him would eventually come to nothing. I think the two instances were intended to have nothing to do with the other. It seems that there are two totally different points Jesus was trying to get across.

• toreador
    toreador

My previous post was put in there to show what the WTS has said on the matter about the scripture that the Fark was commenting on. Someone said somewhere in this thread that the WTS had not commented much on that scripture so I simply posted it for convenience for anyone who wanted to see the WTS spin on it.

Tor, of the not wanting to start a war class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit