WT Sends 27 Semi- trucks to help the state of FL

by JT 36 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Undaunted Danny's post reminded me of something that also opened my eyes. It was in February/March of this year (basically at the time I disassociated). I am trying to build my business as a Technical and Business writer and one of my clients, a non-profit organization, asked me if I'd consider doing some writing work for his son. Newsletters and some press releases/promotional material. It was quite weird, because his son is a pastor in a church and it was church info I was working on.

Part of what I did was speak to both pastors in the church (via phone interview). I can recall feeling VERY leery of talking to them (still hadn't quite realized the WTS was as bad and still had the 'get out of Babylon' mentality), but after listening to the many many (many many many) community involvement activities; from schooling, to supporting low income Mexican coffee farmers, to taking in homeless people and their families for a week at a time for a specific program, to the parish nursing program they were expanding to outreach into the community (to non-parishoners!), to the interfaith community they were a part of...well, let's just say that I was COMPLETELY poleaxed at what an 'active' faith could accomplish. And this was a congregation of 120 members or so...many of them senior.

I wasn't raised in a religion, joined JWs at 21 and am now 35 and out. In light of what the WTS *could* be doing with their time, money, additional assets, it absolutely disgusts me that they don't do even the basic Christian things. The majority of the JWs I know are quite comfortable and don't go out of their way to help others. Sick.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My wife showed me an article in the Watch or Awake (sept 11th samaritan works). I had to try to reason to her "You cannot write about yourself to glorify yourself"

She showed me the people being quoted inside. I said "You can make up anything"

I ask, if this was so where was the outside media writings on this?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Comparison of Watchtower 'fellowship' with worldly fellowships.The best support i have ever had,was from my fraternal labor union.Carpenter's local # 33 Boston Massachusetts( now retired) This was the true'band of brothers',the brotherhood that provided for my family.It was also the worldly agency that enabled me to make the big bucks,that I in turn was able to donate to the WT$. The watchtower fairy follows the money trail and sprinkles the 'new light' ,fairy dust along the path. Magic Wand Fairy

James 2:1-9
    Favoritism Forbidden : [ I confronted the body years ago in Florida ( lived 1970-79) reg;blatant favoritism and downright scorn for the poor,their reply;" well we have to be careful that 'white trash' doesn't bring the congregation down to it's level "] .....1 My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. .......
    8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," [1] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin........

[edited;I showed them this very passage from the apostle"James the Just"Their response was classic elder dub speak..."yes we know what the Bible say's but James WASN'T TALKING ABOUT WHITE TRASH .."

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Naaaaah.....the trucks were obviously full of pioneers with bookbags "locked and loaded", ready to descend on the unsuspecting survivors of the flood and prey on their vulnerabilities in the face of such a tremendous disaster.

Frannie B

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to assist in family's funeral ...
    Kentucky Lake Times, KY - 19 minutes ago
    ... The Meza family were members of the Rock Hill Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. The children -- Jayro, 5; Denise, 8; and Denia, 14 -- died Aug. ...

Candlelight vigil for 3 murdered children

Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to assist in family's funeral arrangements

A national support group for sexually abused children held a candlelight vigil Thursday to honor three slain children from York County in South Carolina.

Several people holding candles participated in a service the National Guard Armory. It was sponsored by silentlambs (silentlambs.org), a support group for abused children in "religious institutional settings."

The Meza family were members of the Rock Hill Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. The children -- Jayro, 5; Denise, 8; and Denia, 14 -- died Aug. 9 before a fire engulfed their home. Authorities say they were slain by one of their parents -- Marbely or Jose Denis Meza -- who died in the fire.

Denis Meza had been arrested three weeks before on charges he molested Denia. York County Coroner Doug McKown said she'd also been raped within five days of her death.

A national spokesman for the Jehovah's Witnesses organization said that Meza "confessed" to church officials about sexually abusing his little girl.

According to some of the vigil participants there were no Jehovah's Witnesses present at the memorial service. "It's been very hard for our family to have coped with these deaths. ... I still do not know why their church was not here grieving here with us tonight," said Ariel Zeledon, Marbely Meza's brother.

Bill Bowen, director of silentlambs and a former member and elder of the cult from Calvert City, Kentucky, attended the vigil and announced the establishment of the Meza Children Memorial Fund.

"We don't know all the facts yet in the Meza family case -- what church elders knew about Denis Meza's abuse of his daughter and how long it took them to turn that information over to the authorities," said Cindy Fondren who helped organize the vigil. "But we do know there are many documented court cases in which church elders did not turn information about alleged sexual abuse involving church members to DSS or the police."

The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses has refused to comment about the Meza family. A nearby Christian church helped arrange the funeral and raise money for the family since no assistance was offered by their Jehovah's Witness organization, according to participants at the vigil.

On the World Wide Web:

Dead girl's dad sues Jehovah's Witnesses - man suing the Jehovah's Witnesses, claiming they contributed to his daughter's death by encouraging her to avoid life-saving blood transfusions, said today his lawsuit is for her and for his family...

Father sues Jehovah's Witnesses, hospital over teen's death - In a statement of claim, Hughes alleges that Bethany's mother and other Jehovah's Witnesses misled his daughter about the merits of blood transfusions...

Jehovah's Witnesses stay home election day - In this most political of seasons, where small percentages of votes in key states could prove decisive, the Jehovah's Witnesses are staying ...

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society - Similar to many other cults, Jehovah's Witnesses deny the deity of the Holy Spirit....Since its very inception, the Watchtower has made false prophecies about the end of the world. Predicting the end in one form or another for the years 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 and 1989 has caused its membership to maintain a steady upward trend...

Watchtower Society's Occult Association - repeatedly used the writings, of a known spiritist Johannes Greber, as a scholarly support for their beliefs...

--Article and links submitted.

Click Here to comment on this story Check Mark

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

The Bethany Hughes story is very interesting for me (the one where the father is suing). I know all about it...from the JW side of things. Now, being out, I see a totally different side.

It's so very very sad.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Seems like my suspicions are correct. But I am not sure how to confront her that her help is not extended passed her beloved WTBTS.

Blondie, I wish I had the calmness and insight with which you present your information.

Thanks all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit