Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York
    25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, 11201
    718-560-5000
    www.jw-media.org
    Revenue: $951 million
    Industry: Publishing
    President: Milton Henshel

Employees: 3,415

It takes a lot of printing to supply more than 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses with the materials for their ministry. One publication, Watchtower, now has an average print run of 23 million copies twice per month, an increase of 7.5 percent over last year.

"Our report for the year is different from a Wall Street company," said vice president George Couch. Indeed, the company's employees are volunteers who live and work in the Brooklyn complex.

#########

WT the Billion dollar Printing Company is sending Help to just help out anyone that needs help

YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

IS it not amazing how wt has nothing in place to offer charity to any person on the face of the earth UNLESS THEY ARE JW

since the wt is moving more mainstream i believe the new guys who will take over in a few years will realize the powerful PR that sending in 5 or 6 -- 18wheelers with water and food will go along way in changing the public perception of jw as being unconcerned about the community

the wt has NEVER SENT out a box of toliet paper to a community unless there were jw there- it is this clear that this uncaring attitude has done alot over the years to hurt the public image of jw-

i recall growing up and out in service when the VFW guys were standing out the red light in the little town i grew up in in NC and we stopped and the old dude asked us to contribute to help buy a new fire truck and the elder told him that we could not support them, we paid taxes , etc

and the old guy told him well we trying to get a new fire truck that the county taxes will not cover and the elder continued to explain that we can't - so the old guy told him if your house is on fire don't you want us to send the new truck and the elder told him we are entitled to services since we pay taxes

it is this kind of MINDSET that has been instilled in jw for years-

looking back now i see why we as jw look so bad in thepublice eye--

think about this, if a body of elders said, bro would you like to send some money to so and so city in fl to help the people of that town out, they would BE DELETED BY THE SOCIETY

yet wt is quick to claim that elders operate independently of them how sad

but of course any good society man who is an elder would not even CONSIDER helping out-

yes a billion dollar corp has no arrangement setup to help any fellow human unless they are jw and what is left over then they will give to the servants of satan

smile

• Redneck
    Redneck

I seen the name of this thread and about fell outta my chair...You are so right..I could never understand not helping folks in need we could build a hall in 2 days but we cant go and help folks in trouble..I mean geez wouldn't that have impressed people...even helping the needy in the community...Thats not a good idea because christindum does it...

I was a County Medic..They looked down on me...going so far as to say I shouldn't wear my uniform to the hall..I only wore it cause I came stright there from work or had to goto work from there..didn't wanna miss a spiritual meal ya know...Its suchn a crock of bleepedy bleep bleep..

what parta Nc were ya from JT?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/75421/1215315/post.ashx#1215315

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/72518/1160548/post.ashx#1160548

"I am an active J.W. (Minist. Serv)

I can attestify to any high court (or heaven)

That when Hurrican Floyd hit my family with disaster in the late 90's, the brothers knew the next day... Did they help? "

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Anyone know how many Kingdom Halls were destroyed?

Devon

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Any aid the WTS send will be for the benefit of JWs. Any non-JW who happens to receive any help will be someone who just happened to stumble onto a scrap.

I've seen this before.

• minimus
    minimus

What will happen is the media will favorably report that JWS are helping thw community. I'm sure they will give non-JWs help too. It makes for great advertising.

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

When I read the title of this thread, I thought "Oh, that's great, a suprise but any humanity from the WTS is a great step forward". Oh well.

• blondie
    blondie
    What will happen is the media will favorably report that JWS are helping thw community. I'm sure they will give non-JWs help too. It makes for great advertising.

Yes, min, they will get the crumbs that fall from the table. Matthew 15:26,27

• minimus
    minimus

Is that Lazarus?

• dragonfly
    dragonfly

Don't get me wrong here, I am not defending the society, however any assistance they can provide will be good. As they say, let's not 'look a gift horse in the the mouth'. Any disaster like this provides a tremendous PR opportunity for them. Don't forget, they can muster a lot on manpower on short notice so they do have an advantage.

You are right, the vast majority of their assistance will go to JW's, but others will benefit. They won't pass up an opportunity to 'give a witness' you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit