Do you buy flowers? or should he only? and if you are a guy, do you care?

by Sassy 24 Replies latest social relationships

• Balsam
    Balsam

DH,

Buying flowers for you Mom does count isn't that wonderful. Know she appreciates your thoughtfulness.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I quit buying flowers a long time ago. I've only bought one flower for my wife (when we were dating). It wasn't valentines day, it wasn't her birthday, she wasn't pissed off at me, it was just an ordinary day. I went out to do some running around and just picked one up for her. It was completely a surprise.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Personally, I love it when a guy buys me flowers, especially for no reason. I find that really romantic and thoughful - I also wouldn't feel let down by a big box of chocs either! It's something that can't be overplayed, as too often reduces its meaning.

I think the point is that the gift is irrelevant, but the fact that someone took the time and trouble to do something to please you is the main thing.

I have never bought a man flowers but if I see something, usually something quirky or funny I will buy it - just to show I have been thinking about them.

FF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The man does not deserve a gal like you Sassy - of course he should have bought you flowers - no question at all - a lady should never have to buy her own flowers - however if she wants to that is a different thing

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Nos:

I quit buying flowers a long time ago. I've only bought one flower for my wife (when we were dating). It wasn't valentines day, it wasn't her birthday, she wasn't pissed off at me, it was just an ordinary day. I went out to do some running around and just picked one up for her. It was completely a surprise.

And it would seem that the next will be a complete surprise as well. Don't spoil her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit