For Hooberus -- Falsifiability of Creation?

by AlanF 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

LOL@ The ELL-TOE

Grabs big-ass keg of beer and joins Gumby on the viewing gallery~

30paks are cheaper

E.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Im with Hoob, IMHO the creation model does not qualify as a scientific theory.

• Spook
    Spook

The "kinds" theory is not valid. It requires a whole system of biology, completely different to real science. Real science is evolutionary biology.

If "kinds" = species, then there were over 500,000 species on the ark, not including insects and various other life.

The theory of "kinds" is not valid. Attempts to reconcile it with reality have failed in several creationist publications.

• proplog2
    proplog2

There are enough forums devoted to this subject. Why bring it up here. It's like watching a computer chess game. Is anyone going to say something better than it has already been said over and over. Five minutes of googling would be more productive.

I can see the point of AlanF and others here ripping the Watchtower's evolution book. After all THAT is the orientation for this forum. But why do people keep thinking they are going to actually poke a major hole in the theory of evolution?

I just got through reading Alan's autobiographical post. What surprised me is that it could have been written by hundreds of scientifically sophisticated JW's (and X-JW's). As a young witness I used to go to the college dorms and argue against evolution. One of the pivotal moments in my life came when I read the Science magazine articles on the Wooly Mamoths. The Watchtower quoted cranks such as Sanderson and his Saturday Evening Post article about quick freezing of animals. I was doing a janitorial job in the early 1980's and had to find a secluded spot in the building to sit and cry for an hour - when I realized there was no world wide flood.

The biggest mistake of the creationists is when they start messing with teachers. In the late 1970's things went too far. Scientists don't let the nonsense get too far out of hand before they come out of their laboratories and defend their cause. There is just too much information out in the public that is easy to understand for anyone but the mangled brain to defend creationism.

AlanF -- don't waste your time!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

There is no F**king way the Bible is inspired.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit