For Hooberus -- Falsifiability of Creation?

by AlanF 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

What experiment or observation would falsify creation? AlanF

• hooberus
    hooberus

I do not believe that the general concept of "creation" is falsifiable.

However, specific theories of creation can be stated so as to be reasonably falsifiable.

• gumby
  • hooberus
    hooberus

Creation according to the Biblical account allows certain predictions to be made about what will be and what will not be found in nature.

• gumby
    gumby

What kind of "predictions in nature" are you refering to?

Gumby

• hooberus
    hooberus

The Bible has creatures created according to their "kind" (some examples of kinds are given in Genesis), therefore one could predict from this that creatures in the living world and fossil record would conform to basic kinds, and not gradually intergrade. Thus for example a discontinuous fossil record betwwen basic kinds is an expectation of Biblical creation, wheras a gradually intergrading one (betwwen kinds such as mentioned in Genesis) is not.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

More definitions are required. "kinds" is not a scientific designation. As we peer into the distant past we don't find any of the species we see today, so surely you don't mean 'species'. Pleas provide an example of a "kind" you feel is immutable.

• gumby
    gumby
    Pleas provide an example of a "kind" you feel is immutable.

* pops some popcorn and climbs high in the balcony and waits*

Actually Hoobs question is a good one if "kinds" can be proved to mean a certain species. Kinds could mean land animals, marine life, animals that dwell in the sky. Even if it means simply this, do we have fossil proofs of any of these evolving? I'm a dipshit on the evolution stuff.....so I'm going back to the balcony and eat my popcorn till Alan shows up and 'saterday night at the fights' begins.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~Grabs big-ass keg of beer and joins Gumby on the viewing gallery~

• gumby
    gumby

LMAO ! LT..!!!!

*leaves to go do his damn chores*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit