Strange Bar Snacks

by Mac 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

I know we've all had the usual salty delights placed along the beer slickened runways of our favorite and not so favorite watering holes...(pretzels, peanuts and popcorn etc....)

But have you ever visted an establishment that veered just a tad from the traditional? I know of a place that always has bags of saltine crackers and squeeze mustard placed along the bar and a tables. A "Jackson's" tradition, they tell me....LOL! I just left a place that had bowls of radishes and cucumbers marinated in vinegar along with a little chex mix. I inquired of the barkeep about the pecular offering and was told that the owner had a large garden and detested waste...I suppose fried zucchini will be forthcoming!

So...have you ever experienced an unusual tavern snack? If not... what's your preference... rods, sticks or twists?

mac, of the "coulda been worse...could have been a pizza thread" class

• simplesally
    simplesally

Smoked almonds!!

• Mac
    Mac

Now that sounds pretty damned good, Sally...may I trade you for a radish?

m c

• simplesally
    simplesally

I love radishes!! I'll share but I sure like smoked almonds better!

I also like those crunchy things that have sesame seeds sprinkled on them .......... yummy! Goldfish crackers are good, but you eat too many carbs that way!

• Mac
    Mac

Well, you've obviously not been introduced to Dr. Atkins hybrid goldfish crackers!! They are fed a special low carb fish chow!!

mac

• simplesally
    simplesally

Goldfish chum?

• Mac
    Mac
    Goldfish chum?

I'd rather be yer almond buddy but, lets not carp about it! mac

• simplesally
    simplesally

Carp = crap spelled sideways

• Mac
    Mac

Ouch!

• Redneck
    Redneck

I prefer my bar snacks off the back counter...give me a pickled pigs knuckle anyday..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit