Who would go to *your* funeral?

by Country Girl 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Purza
    Purza

Hell -- I am having a hard time trying to think of who will come to my wedding. . . let alone my funeral.

Purza

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I can't think of ten people that would go no matter where it was held. Mav

LOL! Ditto! And, I really don't give a "rat's butt" either! I already informed my friend Dean to make sure I am cremated and if possible, scatter my ashes someplace nice...........it's just my body anyways. My purpose for this lifetime will have been fulfilled. Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    a few may come...just to see what a dead apostate looks like...

then they'll all go out to Denny's... gossip about me some more, make a horrible mess and "forget" to leave a tip.

LMAO@Magick! Ain't that the "truth"!!! By the way, welcome to the board! Live Long and Post Often!

Terri

• the mole
    the mole

its true...non would come if it were in a church...they would come after where ever the food is being served at someones home...my cousin was herion addict and lesbian and they showed up for her memorial and gave talks..she hated the jw's but they preached to her gay friends and gave talks during the memorial.. they made it a joke for the rest of us...these people hated my family, hated the org, and hated her dad but they came anyway only to be preached at. her death meant nothing to the family it was another way to grandstand on how good the org is...sad but true....

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I presented my husband with this, because it could conceivably be true. He actually Can NOT believe that they wouldn't show up for my funeral if it was in a Church. Then I told him that my Mother didn't go to her own sister's marriage because it was in a Church. She waited outisde like a dork.. and the rest of us went in. When we were going to get married, we couldn't have our marriage in a church because SHE wouldn't come. It had to be by a justice of the peace. I admit, I caved, and said that I DID want my Mom there .. so we did the justice of the peace thing. My hope is that ater someday we can do a marriage ceremony that is entirely religion without her there.

He dd NOT believe that she would NOT show up to my funeral if it was in a church. He can't comprehend taht. SURPRISE!

Country Girl

• kls
    kls

Countrygirl you are giving me evil thoughts. Since no one in my family is a JW except my husband you have given me a great idea. I am going to have a huge funeral at a Catholic church ,don't care how many show up but i want at least two Priests there with all their praying and holy water. My family will be there i am sure, but my Jw husband will have to stand outside somewhere and i know my family will have a field day with him .I know our children will never let this down no matter what , i know that my kids will take no reason for their dad not to attend their mothers funeral .I don't care how dead i am i won't miss this for nothing.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I know I'LL be there . . . unfortunately.

Nina

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It's possible some may attend. I don't want a funeral anyway. If there are those who need closure, like my spousal unit, maybe a simple memorial service. I want to be cremated, and part of my ashes strewn on Golden Gardens beach (Seattle, WA - Shilshole bay, past life stuff), and part spread on the beach at the City of Refuge on the Big Island of Hawaii.

In reality, they could flush me down the toilet and I wouldnt' care.

Great Journey!

Brenda

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sadly, I don't think many people would attend my funeral. I don't have many face-to-face friends, and online buddies would have no way of knowing I'd left. My brothers are out of state and don't talk to me. So, I guess there would be:

My boyfriend, my mom, my great aunt and the 3 other nuns from her convent (they like me ever since I delivered several bottles of wine to the convent at Christmastime.), maybe a half-dozen other friends. I don't care, I won't be there anyway.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Interesting question.

I guess I could hope to outlive all my 'enemies'... like my aunt who is almost 93.

But eventually I'll have to pass on...

I don't think that there would be many to 'see' me... but then again... I am not sure that I would want that.

I am thinking of a 'here today, and gone tomorrow' scenario... you know...

Folks saying, "whatever happened to that JimTX fella?"

"I dunno. He was here a few weeks ago."

*poof* he's gone.

Anyway... seriously - it don't really matter to me. I want to be cremated - cause that is more natural for the environment - and the body will be an empty shell by then - sorta like a snake shedding its' skin. The shedded skin is useless. The snake continues to grow - in its' new skin. All part of nature. All part of cycles.

What to do with the ashes? I don't care... toss them somewhere. Perhaps till them into the ground - hopefully I don't kill any plants.

The irony - if I get my wish? Well... I've got relatives... family, if you will... and they have all these little 'plots' in a cemetary up in the hill country... where all of the 'family' are to be buried next to one another. *rolls eyes* Yeah, my dad is there... my mom... and two of my sisters.

Only... those living, don't 'claim' me anymore. No biggie. I think it'd frustrate the hoohah outta them to have one 'vacant' plot.

"Who we gonna plant there Maude?"

"I dunno. Find someone!"

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit