Is the Watchtower Part of the "Antichrist"?

by metatron 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I fault JWs for putting themselves in Jesus' place. Jesus at one time reprimands his disciples when they try to prevent little children from flocking to him. He explicitly states that no one is to stop little ones from approaching him. The JWs are clearly guilty of breaking this rule. I'm sorry I don't have the exact scripture, but I don't have access to a Bible right now.

• bebu
    bebu

brother devoted,

Here is a link to a lot of quotations of Watchtower publications on the issue.

http://www.jwfiles.com/mediator.htm

You can double-check these for accuracy if you have the publications yourself.

bebu

• Will Power
    Will Power

I love how the WT defines the "Abaddon" as Jesus Christ. The whole world by definition & translation calls the Abaddon - the Devil - The destroyer - etc. Talk about double talk - double think!

The WT uses the word destroyer to say that Jesus really is the Abaddon since he is supposed to destroy this world (How dare they use a holy book used by this world to tell their twisted stories)

This is printed in the Aid to Understanding book.

How much more anti could you get? Jesus, an angel, - the destroyer - uses a legal GB in big city New York, to be his go-between to his father named ja hovah. A name which has the number in the Strong's concordance of 1943 meaning - mischief.

Ahhh, Friday

great topic Metatron

• metatron
    metatron

Do some of you lurkers think we are exaggerating or being unfair to the Watchtower Society on this issue?

If you still think so after reading the references given ( Thanks, Blondie!) , then ask yourself:

Do the 'flesh and blood' of Jesus apply to me? Yes or no?

If not, why are you wasting your time persuing a salvation that completely depends on "eating his flesh and drinking his blood"

( as he said)

If they do apply to you, why aren't you partaking? Why don't all Witnesses? Does the 'blood and flesh' apply to them?

The Watchtower has confused and obfusticated this whole issue - and placed a cloud over the hopes of its followers.

Does that qualify as "antichristian"? Is it any less so than the Gnostics of John's day?

metatron

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

First: Hats Off to BLONDIE for the on-the-spot references!!! What would we do without you??

I think the whole thing comes down to them trying to reconcile that Jesus talked about a heavenly kingdom and the WTS says that Jesus really only meant 144k. I think the whole "legalese" argument is a red herring. They use so many words so that the average dub will throw in the towel half way through the response and thereby admit defeat and concur with their answer.

My question for them then is : when the 8000 remaining annointed all die (pretty soon) - will there be NO one for Jesus to mediate between?

I guess when there are about 10 of them left - there will be "new light."

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

This is kinda off topic but I just had to post it somewhere....Talking to my JW mom this morning and she asked me about coming to the meeting on Sunday. To which I replied...no I don't think I'll be coming back there anytime soon. I don't have no reason to come there. To this she replied," Are trying to be 'antichrist'? An I was like "WHAT"??? Are you trying to be antichrist...going against Jehovah's organization or in opposition to Jehovah is antichrist. This totally pissed me off being that it was early in the morning and I was on my way to work anyway but I told her, "antichrist means against Jesus and I love Jesus and not against him. And you saying I'm against Jehovah's organization would mean that I'm an 'antiJehovah" which I'm not that either because I love Jehovah/God (same person). She then said "Tasha you really need to do some research" I said,"the reason I don't and never want to come back to the KH is because I HAVE BEEN DOING RESEARCH (yes I hollered)...and my research shows that you may actually be the antichrist. I then got the poor Tasha you're so confused bit. I ended with just telling her she really needs to do some research and not me.....

After about 15-20 mins. the phone rang again and I knew it was her because no one calls this early in the morn. She called back to tell me she still loved me and she hopes one day she'll see me back at the KH. I told her I loved her too.( I was still pissed about being called an antichrist/antiJehovah because I don't want to be a JW again?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS/FDS believes they are the body of Christ, thus the Christ, thus anything not in harmony with what they say will make that person the antichrist.

I wonder where she got the idea that anyone not attending the meetings is the antichrist?

The only scripture even remotely talking about gathering together was written by Paul and not anything Jesus said.

The best thing to do is to bite your tongue and not answer their foolishness.

Blondie

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    I love how the WT defines the "Abaddon" as Jesus Christ. The whole world by definition & translation calls the Abaddon - the Devil - The destroyer - etc. Talk about double talk - double think!

Double think? I think not; more like zero think.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

If John encountered Jehovah's Witnesses, would he hesitate to also call them "antichrists"?

Metatron,

No! So much is made of the Trinity Doctrine by the Watchtower as if it was central to the Faith but the truth is that the teaching that Christ did not return in the flesh after His resurrection is really the central theme of the New Testament regarding the nature of Christ. This Watchtower teaching that denies such flesh is false and identified as Antichrist by John.

There is considerable material on my web site regarding this teaching along with a refutation of Greg Stafford's first book on this same subject. There is no question that John would identify Jehovah's witnesses as Antichrist today. And when all their their doctrines are investigated in detail very little of them would survive. The real mystery is how could such a distorted view of scripture be believed by so many that have access to scripture in an unprecidented way? This is not to say that the world's religions are without fault and are not also promoting false teachings. But at least they are somewhat tolerant of others while Jehovah's witnesses are not.

Joseph

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

The average Witness avoids any personal reference to Jesus as Lord or Savior. Any Witness who went around

referring to Jesus this way would be quickly marked as an 'apostate'!

I thought they closed out their prayers with:

"... Through your son and our saviour, Jesus Christ, Amen..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit