Is the Watchtower Part of the "Antichrist"?

by metatron 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

In the Apostle John's day, a variety of religious sects appeared in Christian congregations called the Gnostics.

Many of these Gnostics thought that matter and flesh were bad and anything 'spirit' was good, so they believed

that Jesus couldn't have been flesh and blood. So, John condemned them , in his letters, as the "antichrist" because

if Jesus didn't come in the flesh, the ransom sacrifice was worthless.

The above is a matter of history - and , of course, you're not likely to hear anything about it in this week's Theocratic

Ministry School.

If the Apostle John condemned a sect that interfered with belief in the ransom, what would he think about

Jehovah's Witnesses?

The average Witness avoids any personal reference to Jesus as Lord or Savior. Any Witness who went around

referring to Jesus this way would be quickly marked as an 'apostate'! Furthermore, the Watchtower has clearly stated

that Christ is not the mediator of the "great crowd" - the majority of JW's. They explain him as being only the direct

mediator of the "anointed" class - not the "other sheep".

If John encountered Jehovah's Witnesses, would he hesitate to also call them "antichrists"?

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Metatron, your question makes me want to ask you how you can personally still go to meetings.

• metatron
    metatron

It takes the greatest endurance to sit there and realize that almost every sentence you hear in a Sunday

Public talk is false or grossly deceptive. You wonder how these people can be sane or functional.

I suppose they learn to have a mental switch that removes logical thinking whenever a meeting starts.

metatron

• brother devoted
    brother devoted

hey i have that talk tonight

fist off let me thank you for that bit of info about the gnostics, thats a good bit of history (remember though its a five minte talk so all the research has to be cut down).

as for the rest...well I must humbly ask where you get that information from. I am a JW and I deny niether the father or the son.

Peace,
    brother devoted

• lawrence
    lawrence

Metatron-

Absolutely! For they deny his ascension to the right hand of God in 33 (say it was 1914), yet St. John already saw him there, and so did St. Paul. Anti Christos - they are anti Christ in denying communion with His flesh and blood to all believers, they are anti Christos when they preach in His name and support the political Beast (U.N.), they are anti Christos when they build a billion dollar empire, they are anti Christos when they speak false prophecies in His name and paint a picture of a paradise earth which will be burned. Just one group of many, though they condemn the others, they are still in the same club.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

It's a pleasure to share this string with so many insiders. The definition below from the Reasoning book per JWs:

Antichrist

Definition: Antichrist means against or instead of Christ. The term applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or that improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah.

Bringing the Gnostics into this as a comparison to JWs might be going to far. JWs believe that man is imperfect, but not originally, so "flesh" does not equal "bad" to a JW.

However JWs do consider Jesus "middle management" and do not worship him like original Christains did. Could this be a "false claim to represent Christ"?

In addition, direct rule for JWs come from the FDS, not Christ. This includes any living anointed that are not FDS. Could this be "instead of Christ"?

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I don't think Jesus would be very happy with them. He never DF'ed anybody. I don't think he even commaned the prostitute to stop hooking. He just loved people and gave them hope and comfort. I'm sure Jesus wouldn't mind if some of his followers had facial hair, purple hair, body art, etc. I don't see very much of real Christian behavior among the GB.

If Jesus acted like the GB he would secretly come back and change a bit of the wording in the Bible - so that it didn't say "Before THIS generation passes away...."

LOL

• metatron
    metatron

Ask yourself, what would happen if I repeatedly referred to Jesus in personal conversations as "Lord"?

Would you be 'marked' as a possible apostate?

As a JW of many decades, I used to wonder why this simple custom - that 'born agains' follow - is avoided

by Witnesses when it is clearly scriptural.

The Watchtower plainly stated in a question from readers some years back that Jesus is the Mediator

of the 'anointed', not the 'other sheep'. They have never changed this or backed away from this statement.

This, in part, accounts for the hesitancy that Witnesses feel when challenged by fundamentalists with

"Is Jesus your personal Savior?"

As for the Gnostics, this used to anger me because it was plain that John was referring to a specific situation

that the Watchtower almost never explained. Paul refers to the "falsely called knowledge" ( Greek: gnosis)

metatron

• lurk
    lurk
    that Christ is not the mediator of the "great crowd" - the majority of JW's. They explain him as being only the direct

mediator of the "anointed" class - not the "other sheep".

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

are you kidding???

how did i not know this

are you sure??

lurk

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In the Apostle John's day, a variety of religious sects appeared in Christian congregations called the Gnostics.

Many of these Gnostics thought that matter and flesh were bad and anything 'spirit' was good, so they believed

that Jesus couldn't have been flesh and blood. So, John condemned them , in his letters, as the "antichrist" because

if Jesus didn't come in the flesh, the ransom sacrifice was worthless.

Are they (the WTS) the Antichrist? Yep, one evidence of it anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit