Unnatural Love - Poem

by Larry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

Unnatural Love

What a fascinating turn of events. Being your first born son - Heaven sent. To being an outcast with no need to repent.

From the feeding chair to the barber's chair, it started out dysfunctional and all did stare - mostly fatherless, alone, and on welfare. But you gave me tender loving care as you taught me the Lord's prayer. I didn't realize our state of affairs - Covered over it with a series of prayers, even with the neighborhood in desperate need of repair.

You give us your best, filling us with dignity and pride, growing up in the city ? The Lower East Side. Holding back the tears, never cried, as I denied the time my father died. Went outside, no one to confide, allowing my conscious to be my guide.

Wondered how to pay the rent, had letters of intent, but needed government supplements ? No matter which way I went, It amounted to dollars and cents.

In his absence during adolescent, was also the absence of many presents. Missed many events which the Pagans represents - Religion filled the void - Heaven sent.

But the religious organization caused much frustration over salvation, education, and masturbation. No inspiration in the congregation, when it taught isolation through a revelation of mis-education. But accepted it because of the interpretation of the Watchtower publications.

You say Eternal death is my destination, no resurrection, just complete annihilation in the heat of evaporation. Did I have a right to challenge this explanation by God's so called ?spirit directed organization?? Was it guilt by association? No, the ruling was disassociation.

How long can a boy be under his mother's wing - religiously or biologically before he can have his own ideology? What Christian theology, justifies this methodology, of hurting people with no apology in this age of technology?

I'm your son you can't deny - why disown me because of scriptures misapplied? Why ostracize, vilify, and deny me for being all I could be? Oh can't you see, a apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You call this love - How can it be? When it breaks up families to such a large degree. So much anxiety with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

I'm a parent proud and wild, but can't imagine turning my back on my child.

Association with me you forbid, but what about your own two grandkids.

Teenagers they have become, witnessing a mother's neglect for her son.

You accept lawless people of ill repute, a rapist, a theft, a prostitute. But what about your son for whom there is no substitute?

You plead, come back to the Watchtower Organization and all will be well, but how can I submit to this spiritual blackmail? The perpetrators of which should be jailed for deceiving the flock on such a grand scale. Common sense, reasoning, and education will prevail over this search for the proverbial holy grail.

You were wrong in saying the organization is where I belong - I knew all along what was right and what was wrong. The pride and dignity I learned early on prevents me from signing another Kingdom song.

I will not give in to this inhumane way of life, not me, my kids or my wife. We will continue our quality of life amidst this worlds turmoil and strife.

No need to debate - of 'worldly' reasoning you can't relate. It's too late for me not to hate what I was taught from '64 to '98 ? The contributing factors of my emotional state.

No need to shout or pout the 'little boy' is crying for the love he went without. I realize beyond a shadow of a doubt ? as long as you are devout our relationship will never work out - so much to think about.

It's what it is, accepted from below and above - This thing I call Unnatural Love.

- Lawrence L. Henderson Jr. 2004

• bem
    bem

(((Larry))) Sounds like you and (((SheilaM))) are on the same wavelength very creative and great insight.

Dorothy

• Mystery
    Mystery

Touching. Think maybe they might put it in the song book?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Larry, I liked your poem. It would make a very good rap song.

Robyn

• Sassy
    Sassy

Very well written Larry.. hits the heart for most of us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit