Writing bad checks on Jehovah's account: the Governing Body

by Terry 31 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well being that jehovah is the mythological war god of the jews I don't think the GB are allow to write checks in his name. I mean,, come one,, if jehovah is a myth,,then he never ever,, ever!! appointed them his mouthpiece channel whatchamacallit organization. I think anybody who tries to cash those oughta just forget about it,,it will just bonce anyway.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    StinkyPanty

Hehe..

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

where is jehovah's check guarantee card?

• Mary
    Mary
    what I want to know is this: from the Governing Body's POINT OF VIEW, why is there no money in the account?

The money IS there.......it's just invisible, jes' like Jesus' Return.

Think I'll try that line of reasoning next time I'm overdrawn at the bank........one of the teller's is a zealous Witness. Wonder how she'd like that reasoning...............

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Carmel --- Woohoo!!!! $100.00 Way to go buddy!!! I hereby take back my demonization of the PCH!!!

• Balsam
    Balsam

This is the way I see it; men have been speaking for God since man has been intelligent enough to write. I think they (religious writers) claim that God is this or that, and it seems humans just never question what they are being told. Why is THAT???? We have many thousands of religions speaking for God, and where is God in all this?

Can't God speak for himself if he is out there needing something. Why would he need mear humans to speak for him. If he created us to think and speak, can't he speak for himself? Well of course he could if he wanted us to know about him.

Why does God not protest the way men have been protraying him over the thousands of years we've had written text? Could it be that God does not care what we say about him? Could it be there is not a God who requires men to worship him? Could it be that he is sitting up there laughing his imaginary butt off at humans thinking that he needs something from us puny humans? Everything that written about the person of God sounds like a sometimes loving father, at other times a demented monster out to punish. If God wanted humans to know and understand his personality, couldn't he just put all the information right inside our human brains at birth. We would all know the same thing about God, if he wanted something from us, and any rules he might have. Why is it so hard to see that religion is man's explaination of who they think this supreme being is about, not what he may truly be about. Now I am speaking of God as through he is a he, but that is only save the confusion of saying it, or he/she. After all God is beyond definition isn't he?

So not lets consider he made us with the ability to think for ourselves, we can do pretty much as we like, or have free will. Why would God then turn and punish us for using that free will not to worship him. Basically I think most people just want the chance to pursue happiness to some small degree, except for the nut cases that he read about in the newspapers. What is wrong with that? That seems to be natural desire. Do we really need a God to tell us what we can and can't do to be decent freedom loving people? Probably not, men make enough rules to be enforced.

Just my thought on bad checks the WTS keep writing?

Ruth

• SAHS
    SAHS

Well, at least now they have an electronic debit system. It?s called ?the Internet?!

No more pulling the wool over everyone?s eyes, in the west anyway. (Too bad we can?t put an online computer in every grass hut in Africa. Would that ever put a dent in the service report in the January 1st Watchtower!)

?SAHS (of the ?Mwaah ha ha ha haaaaa? class)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sahs,

No more pulling the wool over everyone?s eyes, in the west anyway. (Too bad we can?t put an online computer in every grass hut in Africa. Would that ever put a dent in the service report in the January 1st Watchtower!)
    I think in the furture even the underdeveloped countries people will have access to the net. The usefullness of the net will one day make it a nessesity and no longer a luxury of just the affluent contries. Its a snow ball rolling down a snow covered hill, it will only get bigger.
  • Terry
    Terry

What puzzles me is this.

Prediction.

Failure.

Excuse.

New prediction.

Failure.

Excuse.

The rank and file publisher in the Kingdom Halls has no way to voice personal concern. No way to CHALLENGE. No way to complain. No way exists to put sanity into a dialogue.

THERE IS NO DIALOGUE with the Governing Body. They are beyond the ordinary accountability of everyday life.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Hey when Kmart (kmrt) was going broke and their stock worth pennies, they re-issued new stock in the $20's

making their old stock (km) worthless..... quite a scam.

When the GB's stock is worth pennies, they just come up with new ones in the name of new light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit