Writing bad checks on Jehovah's account: the Governing Body

by Terry 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The mouthpiece of Jehovah speaks in his name with authority. The Governing Body is the only channel of communication with the Supreme Being. They identify themselves as the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

If they are Faithful, why do they write checks that bounce using Jehovah's checking account? Obviously He has given them power of Attorney to use his bank account. But, why do his checks keep bouncing?

Using the above analogy; what I want to know is this: from the Governing Body's POINT OF VIEW, why is there no money in the account? Why does Jehovah allow the governing body to publish prophecy that is wrong? Is Jehovah flat broke? Or, are they counterfeiters?

How do THEY, the Governing Body, explain it?

• Valis
    Valis

New Light=New Bills

• little witch
    little witch

It is ok to write bad checks....

Just gotta cover your butt before the due date!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

They are forging his signature.

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

Not now! I'am too busy looking @ stinky pantz new PIC.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Terry,

If they are Faithful, why do they write checks that bounce using Jehovah's checking account? Obviously He has given them power of Attorney to use his bank account. But, why do his checks keep bouncing?

They have written cheques against a promised cheque that New System Inc. says is in the mail. They should wait for the cheque to arrive and cashed before they write any more cheques against it, but they never learn.

For example, they have ceased attempting to guess when God is going to destroy all non-JW's at Armaggedon by means of chronology, having got *that* wrong far too often for comfort, but have now linked the dwindling number of the bona-fide 'remnant' left on earth with the imminence of the end of the Wicked Old System. Same cheques, different balance.

HS

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

The real question is: why do so many keep accepting these bounced checks?

• willyloman
    willyloman

I can't be overdrawn, I still have checks left!

We've all heard that joke. In this case it's more a matter of: I can't be a false prophet, I still have followers!

Good analogy, by the way. (I wanted to say, "I marked you Good on the use of illustrations," but won't).

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

StinkyPanty,

The real question is: why do so many keep accepting these bounced checks?

I suspect that all who fall for Chiliastic rubber cheques are a mixture of the idealist, the naieve, the emotionally insecure and those caught on a precipice in their lives and hoping to be rescued for better things. I know I was. The world is a terrifying thing to try to understand outside of defined packages. It is not hard to convince yourself that 'Paradise soon' is a reality if you desperately want to believe that. Frankly as believing in dreams and facing reality all end up in the same tomb in the end, I never mess with a persons dreams unless I think they are being harmed by them. Even then, I need to provide proof of the harm. HS

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Go Figure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit