Would you have accepted THIS response from the Watchtower. Re: U.N

by integ 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pole
    Pole
    1) I knew this could not be real as I was reading it because the letter was actually admitting a mistake on the part of the 'Fathful and Discrete Slave'. There is no way, no how that they would EVER do that. Never.

And it's kind of too straightforward. It lacks evasive language - you've got to work on the style a little to match the WTS - the masters of spin and evasion.

I liked the idea of posting it here, anyway.

Pole

• Terry
    Terry

The Governing Body apologize? That would mean we entered an alternate universe.

How do you disfellowship a governing body? I know! I know! You leave them and never let them run your life again!

Terry

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Apologize. What? And let people know they are human, make mistakes, need to ask pardon and show humility.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Question: If I, as a "worldly" person wrote a letter to the Society and asked them about their being a member of the United Nations, would they write me back a letter explaining it all, or just ignore me? If I used the name of a Witness I know, would they write me back a letter explaining it all? Or would they just deny, deny, deny? Has anyone done this? I wonder if this would be a good way of having "proof" to existing JW relatives that they really *did* join the UN.

Country Girl

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

the covering buddy never would confirm a mistake. They are above the clouds or even like god. Their cult they understand in what they bind is bound and what they damn is damned.

But that is wrong. They are imperfect men longing for power. In this position they have lost the acceptance of Jehovah quite sure as he is mild in thinking and has more humility than those guys in the ivory tower. They seem to have become the sluggish slave who hits the brethren (Luke). Jesus exactly speaks about the fds and the sluggish one in one context.

So we can assure that we are far in the time of the end.

And you recognize very exactly that the power behind the org is disappearing: less hours in the ministry, a Janus-headed community witzh the destiny to live lifes as JWs in the congregation and outside they realize their own life.

And even the travelling elders (CO/DO) seem to doubt in whom they serve. I had some years ago a discussion with one of them. He did not deliver me to the JC as my utterance was only critical regarding 1914, monthly reports and so on.

He said: they cant demand from me any "Kadavergehorsam" which means not to be patient until dead in case of any demand of the org.

From him I know that there are also the travelling brothers discussing what happens and they critizise the circumstances.

The NGO-case has been the final shot against the declining tower. They betrayed Jehovah, the bretheren and themselves, thinking at time of signing the paper that nobody would ever know it.

Now they can blast any lie: no one who is informed about the matter would ever believe them, they should go into sack and ashes and confirm their sin publicly if they ever want back their position.

But before they would do that, the moon would get read.

Those who still believe in Jehovah will surely confirm my opinion that the judgement of the Lord will start in his own house.

The abomination that causes destruction was set up on holy place. Now they will reap what they have sown.

have a look to www.bibledecoded.com

kind regards to all fellows in the forum

KV

• yesidid
    yesidid

Yes Integ, I would have been content with that. You covered all the bases and quite frankly it could have happened that way.

Yes I would have accepted that, and thought "thats a turnaround the're actually apologizing", but it wouldn't have been enough to get me back.

A hundred wild elephants couldn't drag me back.

yesidid

• jwsons
    jwsons

Ask your local elder:"I went to a brothel, not to do anything, just attempt to make the truth go far and wide only" What they will advice you? (Remember The WTS always call U.N. is a harlot).

jwsons

• laurelin
    laurelin

Yeah, funnily enough this would have worked for me.

I would have admired the fact that they could admit they'd botched up and I most probably wouldn't have made any indepth study to the rest of what they get up to.

But the reply to the letter that I did send was far from the one posted here and as such made me dig deeper. I rather think they made a mess of things over this. Either that or as my mother keeps banging on "it's a testing time". Thing I can never get to grips with is if God is all-knowing why have a testing time to sort out the ones he already knows won't make it. What's the point. Surely it would be far better to "sort" out and weed out the ones that really get up to no good than the ones who are happy in their faith and stumble across newspaper reports by accident.

• Golf
    Golf

Personally, this letter should be sent to the existing GB, it would shake them up, better yet, to all the congregations throughout the world! I mean, they would have some explaining to do. Yeah, I'm dreaming again.

The GB would never make a comment of this nature to the flock. No way would they open the door of questions to other burning issues, no way! We gotta to keep the minds 'eye' closed.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit