Would you have accepted THIS response from the Watchtower. Re: U.N

by integ 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• integ
    integ

Dear Brothers,

It has been brought to our attention that certain brothers have had questions regarding the Societies' membership as a Non Governmental Organization with the United Nations from 1991-2001. Rest assured that we are NO LONGER members, having removed ourselves from this organization over 3 years ago. It was only in our undaunted zeal to proclaim the good news to "All Nations" (as was Jesus' admonition), in these critical last days, that the Faithful Slave Class approved membership as an NGO. It is regrettable that some have been stumbled by this membership, likening it to being part of the wild beast of Revelation. This is NOT THE CASE! Being as we are, imperfect humans, we may have made an error in our thinking on the matter. It was our only hope that membership as an NGO might show the nations, and their governments, that Jehovahs Organization is not a harmful 'cult' as false media reports have caused some to believe, but that we are a loving organization with only positive motives. Again, in our zealousness to further the Kingdom preaching work we mistakenly had hoped to gain access into UN member lands where our life saving work is under ban. We do well to remember that Jesus was the only perfect person to walk the earth, and as well meaning as we may have been in this matter to expand the work He commissioned, we are confident that our merciful God Jehovah, who sees "all things', would take note of our intentions, and forgive us our "mistakes". It is our hope that this will satisfy any further inquiries into this matter, and that we may move forward in the ministry in glorious praise to our Heavenly Father.

Your Brothers,

Brooklyn Branch Committee.

• kls
    kls

OH PLEASE, what a crock of B-S . What the hell does Jesus have to do with this crap, he did not say the UN was satan, he did not say we have anointed that is why we know better because we are in constant communication with God. They are not a cult ? ask them to prove it.

• avishai
    avishai

HELL NO!!!!!

What a crock. As far as scripture is concerned, it put's them in a false prophet position. Something you can't just take back and say "Sorry, we messed up!!!!"

You can't just say "All religions that join the UN are part of the harlot!!! The UN IS the wild beast of revelation, and all religions but ours are going to be destroyed be cause they ride the wild BEAST!!!"

Then they come out and say" It was Just as an NGO" (which is the only way a religion can join the UN) Or "It was our only hope that membership as an NGO might show the nations, and their governments, that Jehovahs Organization is not a harmful 'cult' as false media reports have caused some to believe, but that we are a loving organization with only positive motives. Again, in our zealousness to further the Kingdom preaching work we mistakenly had hoped to gain access into UN member lands where our life saving work is under ban"

It's like going to a brothel and getting paid. Then when someone calls you a whore, you say I'm not a whore, I only gave "hand release and oral". You are what you are. They actively equated children who came forward about child abuse with whores in the "Beware the voice of strangers" talk at last years convention. Freudian projection perhaps?

They are brutal in dissallowing "mistakes". in their rank and file, taking away their families and friends, or even their lives in the case of vaccinations, organ transplants or blood, as well as the instances of Malawi and mexico. If you question them, or have doubts, the same thing happens, even if the next day they get new light that agrees with you.

And yet, we're supposed to say, It's OK, no prob, FDS, you killed my kid, and took away my family, But if YOU F--k up, no prob, your A-OK in my book!!!

HELL NO!!!!! THey have becomne their own G_D_MN apostasy.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

when was this done, was it read to the congregations ????

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Oh brother !!!!

Integ MADE IT UP! Are you kidding, the Botchtower isn't going to leave its "library card" excuse! (its been working too good form them).

That type of "confession" would still generate contraversy.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I guess they forgot about what they said in the 1/79 Awake or Watchtower about not joining YMCA because you were agreeing to their rules. I'm quite sure the UN had some membership rules also that they had to agree to to even join. I know Blondie posted all that on another board. They just trying to cover their ass because more and more people are finding out they were a member.

And like the brothel example which was funny yet true. That's just like a group of elders going to a local church, sitting through the whole sermon, and then trying to recruit some of the parishoners(sp). That wouldn't quite float with the preacher or other JW's so even though it was a different scenerio, that's what basically happened with the UN. They had to satisfy the regulations of the UN which meant not talking so bad about them in the magazines. And they had to keep the other JW's happy by NOT LETTING THEM KNOW that their "only true" organizations was a part of the UN.

• Simon
    Simon

Don't those same reasons excuse every other NGO and charity and non-JW faith?

"We were just trying to do what we thought was right"

... Super - but they claim to be directed by god. Why would god be so judgemental and harsh on all the other people just trying to do what they think is right?

Whither the "one religion, kill the rest" philosophy with reasoning like that?

• integ
    integ

I didn't mean to be mis-leading. My query was a hypothetical one. What "IF" the Society had given that excuse as the reason they joined? Would that have set better with you. Sorry again for any confusion.

Integ.

• kls
    kls

Well now you got me all P.oed for nothing. There is nothing , and i mean nothing that would satisfy me in their joining the UN. They terrorized people that the UN was evil with their pictures and warnings and then they join.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

1) I knew this could not be real as I was reading it because the letter was actually admitting a mistake on the part of the 'Fathful and Discrete Slave'. There is no way, no how that they would EVER do that. Never.

My query was a hypothetical one. What "IF" the Society had given that excuse as the reason they joined? Would that have set better with you.

2) Now, as I am an exJW, if I had read that letter, and it was really from the GB, YES, it would have sat better with me. In fact, it would have made me very happy! To see such a change, to see them admit they were wrong and sort of appologize for it? That would be a great step away from cult-dom, imo.

3) But as an active JW, I'm not sure how I would react. For an active JW, a letter like that could really shake their faith...maybe make the question OTHER things that the FDS says...so.....

... a letter like this could never actually be sent out from the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit