Did the WTS make an atheist out of you?

by JH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Shouldn't a religion bring people closer to God? It would seem that many became atheist after being deceived by the WTS. Unlike other religions, the WTS was very precise in what was to happen during the 20th century. With one failed prophesy after another, I wonder if the WTS holds the record in making atheists out of people?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Yes,I also now too, reject the Bible as the inspired inerrant word of God.

I had memorized over 2,000 scripts from the NWT.I mean exactly verbatim.It took me 6 long years of brute force rote memorizing. Reading

The flunky elders @ the Rockland Massachusetts Kindum hell got wicked jealous.[James 3:16]

What a waste!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I was pissed at God for awhile and sort of became agnostic, but I became a Christian, although still too scared to "join" a church at this time...

• Atilla
    Atilla

No, but they did speed along the process alone with my college education and common sense.

Remember, god is just an imaginary friend for adults.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

God Who???

• doogie
    doogie

heck no. i believe in God. Electric Ladyland was definitely His best album.

• kls
    kls

Doggie you ,just keep comin out with them,,,,lol

I don't know what i believe, i know if there is a god he let me down when i was born and the jw crap just pushed me even farther away so that now i have no feeling even caring if there is one.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I count myself fortunate in that I found "belief" whilst still in.
    I can, however, totally understand why some folks become atheists.

The WTS erects every concievable barrier to prevent someone looking outside of them, reinforcing it with a "damned" mentality, and plenty of triggers surrounding the "where can I go" (instead of "who can I go to") method of blocking help.

Fear is behind every turn, and to be honest it's remarkable that folks even manage to get to become an atheist. I can't help but admire someone who is able to mentally refute all they were indoctrinated to believe.

• jaredg
    jaredg

i still believe in a higher power. i don't believe that the bible is god's word but i do belive that god inspired the writers just as a song writer might be inspired by a person they love to write a song. i do believe in evolution though.

• Chloe
    Chloe

Yup.

I used to be pretty "religious", even belonging to the Southern Baptist church for a long time. It never occurred to me to investigate the background of the Bible until I studied for awhile with the JW's to please my then boyfriend (now my husband.)

I was so unhappy and having a hard time swallowing the "Knowledge" book and the meetings were so awful (especially the music) that I went online to investigate the Witnesses. I found H20 and the writings of such people as Farkel and that was all she wrote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit