coolest thing about your old KH?

by Lostreality 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

The windows.....oh wait!!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

there was NOTHING cool about the Huntington, New York congregation.

The windows were bricked in to prevent vandalism. There was NO natural lighting in the building and it had the unique prescence on it interior of a war bunker.

As an architect I look back and think of it as poorly designed and shoddy construction.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Haha, i remember a KH with windows.

Up in the woods, uptop on a hill, overlooking a nice country roadway and green forest area...so said they tore it down to make a new hall with no windows.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

That I stopped going........COOL!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

This is the Austinmer/Bulli Kingdom Hall. In its current state, I think it's pretty cool:

alt

My local Dubs have been promising to "quick build" it (re-build, actually) for 3 years now - longest "quick build" in history, if it ever happens!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, to be truthfull, it was the air conditioner.

Ken P.

• Special K
    Special K

These bring back some old memories for me.

The first hall my parents took me and all my brothers too was a rental space in this old house in Town.

As a little kid say 6, I can remember going up this flight of stairs to the upstairs.

the bottom floor was rental space as well and some Sundays at the time the watchtower began there was dancing lessons downstairs.

YEE HAH!.... dosie doh, and stomp, stomp stomp. shuffle and slide. YEE HAH!..

It was the funniest thing. To hear this dancing music blaring and all these people dancing and stomping..

Yes it was really distracting and sure made the Watchtower lesson go faster. Good.

YEE HAH!
    Special K.

• minimus
    minimus

We had windows.

• blondie
    blondie

It had AC.

I remember the days when KHs only had huge fans that were so loud you could not hear anything in the back row...popular row.

I went to a KH that had a fountain...they had to keep reminding people not to put coins in. Kept blaming it on the worldly visitors.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit