coolest thing about your old KH?

by Lostreality 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

At my old hall, after the new sound system was installed, it would pick up AM radio.

I have never known so much about the Seattle Mariners as i did in the 3 months it took them to find a fix for it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We were able to replace the chairs with movie theater seats purchased from a theater that went out of business. So nice classic comfortable seats...... that made the time pass a little easier....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The coolest thing,,, hmmmmmm????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Sorry can't think of anything.

• FMZ
    FMZ

In our old KH, there were these pretty wooden counters at the back of the hall, which, after releasing a little latch on the side, allowed you to pull up the top of it, and swing open the side of the counter like a little door. And lo and behold! A dark staircase led down to the spooky basement. Always thought that was pretty cool.

FMZ

• Sassy
    Sassy

the only cool thing about my old (home) KH was the ratio of brothers my age vs sisters......lots and lots to look at and flirt with

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, actually ..... nothing

• JH
    JH

That sister sitting in front of me...

• dh
    dh

there was the green carpet, the hard grey chairs, the home made counters, the kitchen in the basement, the fire hazard underground carpark that would only take one petrol bomb to burn the whole place down, the platform which was really high, the elder who kept fainting and passing out midway through giving talks, (he later stepped down) the old hag (sister) who use to get visitors evicted if they were sitting HER seat, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff i would remember if i tried.

• Gadget
    Gadget

The best one I remember was when we sold our hall to finance the quickbuild project, and had to meet in a local scholl hall for a year or 2. At christmas we had a huge huge tree and loads of decorations, it was great!

• Undecided
    Undecided

The first meeting we had in the new KH. We had worked hard building it, I had worked the 3rd shift for about a year so I could help during the day. We hand dug the foundation and a brother that was a mason(he died a few months ago) laid the blocks. It wasn't finished yet, we borrowed chairs from the funeral home. It was the memorial service and I gave the talk. We were so happy to have our own place to meet. That was a happy time for our little bunch of JWs. I have some good memories of my dub days. It's sad that it was all for nothing.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit