Elders Won't Let Elderly Sister Stay In The Bathroom

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"People without scents" should be understood as "people without sense".

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

This srory has really made me mad. It sounds like just one more example of a bunch of small-minded, uneducated, judgmental men, pushing around this elderly lady so they can feel some measure of power. Buncha damn bullies. Who the heck is she hurting if she sits in the ladies' room?

Maybe, as someone else suggested earlier, a note from her doctor would help convince the elders; however, she should not have to justify herself to them. The ladies' room, of all places, should be considered sanctuary, and she should be welcome to sit there as much as she likes, dammit.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm starting to think Mini made this up .

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

In the congo of my childhood days we would have one elderette that used to sit in the second room on her own because she had problems with all those fragrances. When crossing the main room she always covered her face.

But there was no problem at all when there was a "get-together" with singing and danoing and having a good time. Maybe she was more allergic when it came to the meetings. ;-)

• Mary
    Mary

Dont' most Halls still have a Second School? Can she possibly sit in there? We were asked about 5 years ago not to wear perfume or cologne out of consideration for those who can't handle it.........as far as I know, most if not all, complied. But why would these elders give a crap (no pun intended) if this elderly sister sits in a bathroom stall? Is she uh, STUMBLING everyone by doing so?? Do they really not have anything else to worry about?

• jwbot
    jwbot

At my parents congregation, they were very accomidating.

There was a second school that had large windows to the auditorium, you could close the door and turn up the speaker and hear fine. When the congregation split, that room was used for the people with alergies and it even had an air conditioner.

Also, there was the nursing room with the same speaker system and the room was nice with several chairs.

In addition, the phone system. As far as I knew, two women used those becuause one was just too old and fat (with alergies) to go anywhere, and the other woman had cancer and she was so sick.

I guess all congregations are not like that :(

• minimus
    minimus

Stinky, maybe my mother was making it up but not me.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I went to one hall where this one sister had a chemical allergy..........it affected her heart. Everyone was told, even visitors (it was in a remote location, so there were no drop ins), to not wear perfume or hairspray. ONE sister took a bath in Jean Nate and the poor allergic sister's heart started beating fast and rushed outside. Then she set a chair up outside with the door propped open.

I woud:

1. sit in the library
    2. call in
    3. change halls
    4. quit going
  • minimus
    minimus

"Quit going" is what her baptized inactive daughter tells her!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit