Who loves you?

by StinkyPantz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I can't help thinking that whether we feel loved or not depends a lot on what impression we were given in our formative years. Some people are very loved by a number of people, yet at times they seem to question this. The people who love them never waiver in their love, yet they are doubted. It's a mindset.

I don't have a large family or really a lot of close "friends" yet all my life I have felt loved. Oddly enough, not by my mother, whom I love dearly though she is now gone; we were never close and she resented how fond my father was of me, so that always caused tension between us until he left. I really enjoyed my mother once I became an adult with a family of my own.

I also believe there are various forms and degrees of love, and of course my children and siblings love me deeply and with a strong attachment, and I feel the same way toward them, regardless of differences with siblings. Similar with my cousins, though not as deeply - there just isn't the same amount of familiarity.

I have friends that I love very much and feel a strong attachment to; and they don't feel the same degree of affection or attachment to me but that's ok! There is satisfaction in just loving someone.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yeah I think about it.......I used to have more friends and many times I sacrificed for them (including one marriage) and when I left the WTS, what did I have ..........Nothing.. sure I have one friend who still emails me once in a blue moon saying she loves me.. but that isn't a real love. She wants to drag me back to the WTS and if I say anything against them she is offended.......... Even my mother, I know loves me in a way, but she will die for the WTS before breaking their rules...

right now I know I have a couple people who love me..

• Maverick
    Maverick

Nice to see you back SP. Mav

• codeblue
    codeblue

Well....I know NODenial does....my sons, and a couple of niece's and nephew!!!

Not really sure of anyone else!!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

One thing that will never change is my love for myself.

• Jez
    Jez

I don't care who loves me. I have a good life and will make sure that it is good because there is only one person left in the end, yourself. I love ME for sure, all the other relationships in life COULD disappear. I can't leave myself. JW religion has taught me not to trust any relationship 100%. I GREW UP with ppl that will not talk to me now, I was more than a sister to them, I looked after their children, cried with them over loved ones dying, shared intimate things, I WAS ALWAYS THERE! Life has no guarantees, I walk it now with eyes wide open.

The relationships I have that would dent my soul if they dissolved are my husband and my children. My immediate family is what I focus on now.

Jez

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

The kids.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

So very nice to see you back on the forum.

Strangely, when there is just open acceptance and presence with folks -- void of thoughts of who loves me? or who cares? or who do I love? etc. -- love blossoms.

I guess what I am saying is forget thoughts of love, or lists of those loved, and just simply BE -- and see.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit