Who loves you?

by StinkyPantz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I was thinking about how many people I loved.. and conversely, how many people love me. In both instances, I only came up with one person. (Actually, I feel love for some, but I doubt it's reciprocated). This isn't meant to be a 'woe is me thread'. It's just a conclusion I made today.. and strangly enough, I'm okay with it.

When I was a dub, I thought I had at least a congregation full of people that loved me, if not 6 million others. Boy was I wrong!

Do you ever think about who still loves you since you were df'd or da'd or if they ever loved you at all? Or am I weird (rhetorical)?

• bisous
    bisous

SP: does that mean you believe You are the only person who loves you?

I think I have a small number of people who love me...they would be family (my 2 kids and a small number of others). Could probably sum them up within my two hands.

I never felt loved by the organization or its members, only constantly pressured for more.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Bisous-

SP: does that mean you believe You are the only person who loves you?

Funny that I didn't even count myself. If I truly loved myself would I have forgotten to include myself in the count? Hmm..

Of the 'others' that you have in your count, were they there when you were still an active member? and continued to love you after?

• blondie
    blondie

I love me and my husband loves me; the rest are all lying or it is conditional.

The one thing that made we walk out the KH door permanently was the lack of love, individually and as a group. They don't live up their advertisements.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

Do we really KNOW for sure who loves us. Maybe more love us than we know.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

How are you defining "Love"?

Do you mean people who care for you?

• bisous
    bisous

I have a small number of family members who were not JWs and were aghast when my mother married into this cult and dragged me along with her. Those family members (one aunt and one uncle) loved me then and now, but don't really apply in context with your thread.

I like to believe my mother loves me still. She left when I did (I was age 22 or so). However, she returned about 4 years ago and as of about 2 years ago we became estranged and are so to this day. I think she now loves me in the JW version of the word...conditionally and with great angst as I am certain she is convinced I am bound to die soon in Armageddon. JWism is in great part the reason we no longer communicate, but the wounds go much deeper than that so ..... however that religion was the catalyst for my living hell from 5-18 years of age and she chose to go there. Now more than anything I am saddened by the fact I am virtually orphaned and have little respect for her as a woman, but I do pity her. Not enough to continue to put her before me anymore. See! I have finally discovered the benefit of self-love. Took me long enough though...duuuhhh!

I saved my kids from the cult and its teachings, my proudest accomplishment in life to date!

so anyhoo, unconditional love is difficult to come by .... with or without Jehovah's Witnesses. To experience it, at all, in life is a great gift. Even if only one person (other than YOURSELF) can give you that, you are blessed as countless individuals never receive that during an entire lifetime.

Spend your precious time making up for the past, not mourning it. I've wasted way too many years going the opposite route, so take it from one who knows.

• sf
    sf

My daughter. My sister. My best friend. My dog. And Cygnus.

sKally

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Blondie-

the rest are all lying or it is conditional.

Exactly.. which is why my parents weren't included in my tally. My husband, although he knows more about JWs than the average person still doesn't get it. He argues that my parents DO love me, but that their love is somehow blindsided by their religion. It's nearly impossible for him to consider that a parent can stop loving their child..

..but maybe they do love me.

Gumby-

Do we really KNOW for sure who loves us. Maybe more love us than we know.

I suppose you can't know absolutely. I know if asked, my parents would say they love me; but their actions do not demonstrate this.

LittleToe-

How are you defining "Love"?

Do you mean people who care for you?

I want you to use your own definition. Love is deeper that simply caring about someone though..
  • Lostreality
    Lostreality

My older sister who i dont think posts here anymore.

I love you too Sis!

(oh yeah my girlfriend too! hahah)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit