by patio34 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oops, misquote.

"Trying is the first step to failure, son."

-Homer Simpson

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

When I'm something stresses me out: Will this kill you?

It helps keep things in perspective.

When I'm hitting an obstacle of some kind: What can I live with?

It helps teach me to compromise.

When I think of blowing up at someone: Please pass the salt.

This phrase reminds me to keep my voice unemotional and even, like I'm asking someone to pass the salt.

• patio34
    patio34

Lol, dh, I'm laughing!

Brenda, thanks for that wisdom from Homer.

Billygoat, I love the "please pass the salt," one!

Cheers!

Pat

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

"They can kill you but they can't eat you"LOVE IT........

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst" keeps me optimistic yet prepared.

- CF

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Pat-E-Oh!

I like your style! heehhe.

That's the same way I do my housework. Pop a load of wash in, read some on the computer. Do the dishes, read some more on the computer. Mop the floor real quick, watch a judge show. Lazy housework is what it's all about.

Country Girl

*Edited to add: SheilaM: Tell that to Jeffrey Dahlmer.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I *try* to think: "Are children dying?" - If not then the situation isn't that bad and I work up from there.

Also "One out Baseball" - Let's make sure we get one out on every play.

From another thread BillyGoat gave this "Hint"

If a male coworker of mine tried to hug me from behind, he'd be getting a well-positioned heel in the groin!
  • little witch
    little witch

Do I have an outstanding hint to help me out everyday? Yes I do, and here it is:

This is my house and I will do as I damn well please. Amen.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Patio great thread and I like your One Thing Only philosophy (OTO). Being in the business of cleaning other peoples homes I have a similar approach One Room At a Time (ORAT). I clean room by room starting from the hardest/most challenging room ending with the easiest job in the house because by then I need a break. I also pace myself knowing I have a certain amount of time to spend it keeps me on task.

Now at home I find this approach to work as well because cleaning my own house with so many other interruptions which I don't have at work like answering the phone, the door, sorting magazines I would like to thumb through, watering the yard, feeding the animals ect....and the darn computer calling me....come play on JWD, lol. I reward myself with play at home, at work the reward is the sooner I get the job done the more $$ I make since I charge by job not hour. Oh and I always try to do one special something for my clients, they love it! I do this for myself too, last week it was waxing my kitchen floor I love the shine!

Music while cleaning is a motivator for me too.

Billygoat;

When I think of blowing up at someone: Please pass the salt.

This phrase reminds me to keep my voice unemotional and even, like I'm asking someone to pass the salt.

That's a keeper! It reminds me of that commercial that's playing here where they just say "Thank you!" at a odd moment, I'm going to try that one too. It's a citi bank commercial, it's cute!

Some favorite motto's I use:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

What's the worst thing that can happen if I do _____?

One second, minuet, hour, day, week ect...at a time.

Gotta love it!

It's all in the attitude!

SheilaM;

They can kill you but they can't eat you"LOVE IT........

LOL, good one!

Oh and for a real cleaning hint I love this one (maybe cuz I burn a lot of thing) squirt a little automatic dish washing detergent into the burnt dish add water and soak for 15 minuets and voilĂ  it all lifts off like magic.

And those Swifter dusters are awesome!

Kate

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

"Don't eat anything bigger than your head"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit