Double standard about disfellowshipping, new info, please read

by Jez 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sassy
    Sassy

Jez, I am so glad you got out and moved on with your life. The way the elders have a stand on being there for you during this very stuff is why I left myself..

thankfully I was also enlightened to find out they also did NOT have the truth.. as I had been lead to believe

• troll
    troll

Hi, you are so brave to do what you did. Many people stay with a violent partner and end up trapped. How disgusting of the elders not to help you. They should have disfellowshipped your ex. and thrown the book at him. Well, he may have been a big contributor to kingdom hall funds, so that might explain it............. Well done for getting free.

• morty
    morty

(((((Jez))))))

If there is one thing I have learned on the board(s), don't take everything to heart to what some posters say about their opinion....Most are very supportive here.....

Glad to hear that you have moved on, and that you are happy now...That is what that is important...

Morty

Edited to add....Welcome Troll to the Board...

• mordenukboy
    mordenukboy

bit fuller explanation.

i was sorta near shepherds bush then roehampton, then went to devil worship number1 morden church of jehovahs catholics.

they forbad me to marry repeatedly used to ring the elders up if i got married to get me done, told me it was a matter of my obedience.

told me it wasnt wrong to marry initself only wrong to marry at the time, they wanted more preaching done.

i claim sex control placed on me therefore sex abuse.

then reports of child abuse, we saw and heard demons, they keep us like oracles. i was unconscious for 36 hrs because of their bashings, threats , harrasment, intimadation, head injuries cops, ambulances, violent men, vandalism, threats of break ins to force my compliance, etc etc. they tried to put congregation guards on me in public in case i had sex, true honest. and then when i should have been in hospital and still have to get the medics in because of them doing it again threw me out without record. thats me. and a lot more besides. does anybody love me here ?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(giant hug) {{{{{{ JEZ }}}}}}}

Welcome, sister, I'm glad you're here. Your story sounds much like my first "proper jw" marriage. The abuse and beatings were my fault. I left the borg while still married to the alcohlic abuser. I couldn't see my way clear to get a divorce because "I didn't believe in divorce". It took an attempt at suicide - russian roulette, 44 magnum - to scare the life and sense back into me. I ended up firing the bullet into the ceiling when click 1 and 2 didn't fire into my head.

I used an affair to break the hold the relationship had on me. Unfortunately, it took 2 more marriages and 2 more divorces, to find the love of my life .... whom I refuse to marry.

Stick around. There's healing here. And few who judge. (There's always some horses arse, eh?)

Hugs and love

Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

BTW, this double standard has been around for eons, in and outside of the WTS.

One girl I grew up with had been sexually abused by her step father since she was 9 or 10. She was 15 or 16 when he was found on top of her by sibling. Mom knew about it but swore she didn't.

He quickly check into a treatment center and recieved only a public reprimand. She was disfellowshipped.

Another girl I grew up with had been sexually abused by her grandfather for several years. After he died, she confronted her mother who knew about it. "He did it to me and no one came to my rescue." was her excuse. Her dad was a travelling overseer. No one disfellowshipped.

• PinTail
    PinTail

I find the elders to be little Pin Headed Men, who longed to be police men in their youth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit