Double standard about disfellowshipping, new info, please read

by Jez 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jez
    Jez

Just got back from holidays and read the posts about this topic. Let me clear a few things up to the ones that replied.

I should have mentioned that my story is posted in the womens section entitled "Pretending". Please read it before you judge me. Old habit die hard eh ppl?!?!

I left a 14 year abusive marriage. Crazy crazy story, anyways, I met with the elders etc for months about all of the abuse. They did not df him, even though he sat there and admitted it to them all. Just hung his head and said that yes, he did this, but he wanted to try again. Did not want me to leave. Trust me, I was done. BUT I did not fool around on him at this point. The elders did NOTHING, not once did they ask me how I was emotionally doing, these were my friends, but all they cared about was that I did not leave him. So I didn't. Sure enough about 2 weeks after they convinced me not to leave, he almost killed me. I phoned the police rather than the elders this time and they handcuffed him and took him away, locked him up, charged him and eventually convicted him. It was the worst few months of my life, I was so torn. I informed the elders via telephone what had happened. Did the elders come to see me? NO It was the beginning of my departure. I realized that they cared about saving face, not me as a person. I had been deceived. Did they go see HIM? NO They did nothing except publically reprove him. What a joke. He had restraining orders all over him to stay away from me. He never obeyed them and constantly harrassed me for months until jail was threatened again.

To make a long story shorter. I met someone months after my ex was taken that night. An old romance with an old friend from England was rekindled. It was months before we decided to met again. We fell in love and today we are married.
    I am not sorry, I do not regret, I have no guilt, I am only proud of myself for leaving and proud of myself for trying for so so many years to right my marriage.

Let old habits die, do not judge quickly based on one word. "Adultry, homosexuality, etc." There is always always always layers underneath those words.

From my heart, Jez

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I have no guilt, I am only proud of myself for leaving and proud of myself for trying for so so many years to right my marriage.

Good for you!

Hopefully your life is on a much better course!

• Special K
    Special K

Glad you got away from the abuse Jez

Glad you got away from the WTBTS

and

Glad that you have found a new mate and are doing great.

Life can be Good.

Special K

(edited to fix a spelling error)

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Jez,

You don't owe us an explanation for what happened. I noticed you did not post for a while and I was worried you were put off by that judgemental poster. Glad to hear you were only on a holiday.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am glad you got away and found someone who truly loves you!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually once the police are involved that is a common practice for the elders to treat you like you dont exist. THis is all for legal reasons. Their favorite saying is "our hands are tied". Thats why the pedophile issue shocked me. I guess unlike you parents dont call the police first.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Unfortunately, your story mirrors a number of others that I am personally familiar. with. The husband can be abusive and remain in 'good standing', but if you leave or commit 'adultery' then YOU ARE THE BAD ONE!! How freaking hypocritical is that? Let me guess - they told you to 'wait on Jehovah', right? Or maybe they told you to pray and go in service more? What a crock of shit. You should feel NO guilt, no sadness, no remorse. You should feel nothing but JOY that you finally got rid of a loser ex and rid of a loser cult that is more interested in making it's members seem to be of much higher standard than the 'world' than it is truly helping and caring for those in the congregation.

Good luck and don't let anyone who is a judgemental a-hole turn you off of this forum. I guess some JW behavior dies hard....

• Special K
    Special K

Tall Texan seems to be on the right railroad track.

He said,

.. feel NO guilt, no sadness, no remorse.feel nothing but JOY that you finally got rid of a loser ex and rid of a loser cult

I stand and appplaud Tall Texans wisdom,

Jez.. you deserve all the happiness that you can find in your life. If something makes you happy you go right ahead and embrace it.. okay.

Special K

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Is there a women's section??

Thanks for your post. What a horrible and happy story. Glad to hear you survived and are happy now. Being betrayed is a very devastating experience - and many of us have experienced betrayal on many levels.

Hugs to you!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Where is RR when you need him...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit